VBAC

C-section vs. home birth - WWYD?

First off I want to say ?Hi?. I?m new to thebump. I joined becauseI have a 2 y/o DD and recently got my IUD out. In a few months we will bestarting to try for a 2nd.

With my daughter I attempted a home birth with a MW. Mywater broke and I went into a very fast labor (fully dilated after 3 1/2hours). After pushing for 45 min my daughter was stuck and started to go intodistress. I ended up with an ambulance ride and an emergency C-section. Here?smy problem, where I live the hospitals won?t allow a VBAC. So, I?m stuck withanother C-section or another attempted home birth. WWYD?

(I've been told that my DD getting stuck was a fluke and that I am capable of delivering a baby vaginally)

Re: C-section vs. home birth - WWYD?

• Though call.  I was never one to be into a home birth so I would either do the c/s, fight the hospitals (they technically can't "not allow" VBACs), or go somewhere else temporarily to VBAC.  I would be afraid to home birth.  That said. there are plenty of people who do that (including on this board), so if you are comfortable with it and the MW is ok with it, then there is no reason not to try.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • It all depends on what you are comfortable with.  I had a HBAC and it was great but only you can decide what is right for you.  My c/s was also because my baby got stuck during pushing; I had no issues pushing out my second baby, even though he was a little bit bigger.

GL! 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having an HBAC because I don't want to be hooked up the entire time I'm in labor (again, b/c last time I  was induced).  The hospitals in my area require a heplock and continuous monitoring for VBACs--both things I hated having last time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I personally would not do a home birth, but since you were comfortable with on the first time, I guess if I were you I would, I realize that may not have made sense.  I wouldn't have an unnecessary rcs.  But I live in an area surrounded by hospitals, so i have many options on that front too.
  • I'm not a fan of home birth because of the "what ifs," but there are also several babies in my family who needed a hospital immediately at birth or they wouldn't have made it (myself included, a midwife would not have had the equipment necessary to save my life, although what was wrong with me is incredibly rare). Given my family history it would be a sad repeat C.

My older daughter was a C because she was stuck after 2 hours of pushing. I did have a VBAC the second time, but it was a forceps assisted delivery after 3 hours of pushing that came close to being a repeat C. With the risks of forceps I was glad that before delivering they had doctors from pediatrics come down to observe and check the baby after.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"