Maryland Babies
Options

Annapolis Mall family restroom area

I went to Annapolis Mall with my DD today and we stopped into the family restroom area that was kinda in the middle... one of the hallways connecting the new area to the old part of the mall. I was very impressed! Two large bathrooms with toddler sized toilets and sinks plus changing areas by the sinks. There was also a tv playing some animated show or movie and a couple play areas with toys. And two curtained off nursing areas with comfy chairs. I wish I had known about that when my DD was littler. We're still nursing, but not often during the day. I almost wanted to just to use the area ;) I ended up letting her play there for a little while since it was safer than the play areas out in the mall (that had older kids running around with no regard for the little ones!).

I grew up in Bowie and used to go to that mall pretty often, but it's WAY different than it was 10 years ago! Now I live in western Baltimore County and usually go to Columbia Mall or sometimes Arundel Mills. Last summer I tried to use the nursing room at Arundel Mills but it was locked and I didn't feel like calling security to open it :( The setup at Annapolis is way better.

I just wanted to share in case anyone was thinking of going ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Annapolis Mall family restroom area

• Options

That's great, and must be new.

At Arundel Mills you just push the call box outside the door. You don't have to call. They just buzz you in.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    ITA - I was pleasantly surprised last winter when we went in there too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great!
  • Options

The Nordstrom there has a nice ladies' lounge as well with a great diaper changing area with it's own sink, etc. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    This is great to know--thanks! We were thinking about going there this week or next. I had to nurse in the fitting room in Macy's on the little bench in one of the rooms last night and it was really uncomfortable.  I wish more places had nursing spots.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemommytoj:

I went to Annapolis Mall with my DD today and we stopped into the family restroom area that was kinda in the middle... one of the hallways connecting the new area to the old part of the mall. I was very impressed! Two large bathrooms with toddler sized toilets and sinks plus changing areas by the sinks. There was also a tv playing some animated show or movie and a couple play areas with toys. And two curtained off nursing areas with comfy chairs. I wish I had known about that when my DD was littler. We're still nursing, but not often during the day. I almost wanted to just to use the area ;) I ended up letting her play there for a little while since it was safer than the play areas out in the mall (that had older kids running around with no regard for the little ones!).

I grew up in Bowie and used to go to that mall pretty often, but it's WAY different than it was 10 years ago! Now I live in western Baltimore County and usually go to Columbia Mall or sometimes Arundel Mills. Last summer I tried to use the nursing room at Arundel Mills but it was locked and I didn't feel like calling security to open it :( The setup at Annapolis is way better.

I just wanted to share in case anyone was thinking of going ;) 

There is also one in the food court area. I was pleasantly surprised when I had to change DD last week. 

On a side note, I grew up in Bowie too. Wonder if we know each other. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenezwee:

There is also one in the food court area. I was pleasantly surprised when I had to change DD last week. 

On a side note, I grew up in Bowie too. Wonder if we know each other. 

I don't recognize you, but I don't always have the best memory. I graduated from BHS in 2002. 

• Options
    Oh, I'm a little older so that would make sense. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lord and Taylor has a really nice bathroom/changing area/Lounge Area in the ladies Petite section.  It was a nice place to feed LO when he was still bottle feeding...not so many distractions running through there. 

But I agree, I think the family restroom area near the Great Cookie is nice too...especially since there is a microwave in there too!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemommytoj:

I don't recognize you, but I don't always have the best memory. I graduated from BHS in 2002. 

So did my husband! 

Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"