February 2011 Moms
Options

wyldirishrose12

Talk to me about your LO being cranky before the teeth popping up.  I think Silvie might be starting because last night and this morning was AWFUL.

Was it just random crankiness? Did LOs sleep habits change? Did the crankiness last the WHOLE WEEK? Did anything help (tylonal)?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: wyldirishrose12

• Options

She was really cranky and whiny all week, which is totally unlike her. It would be at its worst during a specific time of the day usually around early evening. I would give her teethers and the mesh feeder filled with ice to soothe her. The mesh feeder worked better than the teethers. Sometimes I would have to fill it up like 5 times. She would still sleep at night but she was much more restless and I would have to get up several times and give her the paci. She did have a low grade fever for like 2 days and I noticed she would be choking on her saliva a lot

Also I noticed that she would be refusing her bottles, as the sucking motion tends to irritate the gum more. Is Silvie refusing the bottle or breast?

Sometimes before bed I would give her some tylenol and put the nightime orajel on her which seemed to help.

Even before the teeth cut through the gum, I could take a flashlight and see two faint lines on her bottom gum line. Try doing that and see if you can see them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel like I've been able to see them for awhile. And she was refusing her bottle but also was spitting up and arching her back so we got her on zantac which is helping. But now she just kind of moans a little sometimes. I think I can feel the top of them coming up, but I am also afraid that I'm just imagining it. Oh I hope thats whats wrong with Silvie and those teeth come thru soon. Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"