Cincinnati Babies
Options

Suicide prevention walk at U.C.

Hi ladies, 
 I just wanted to share something close to my heart. I lost my best friend (from when we were 5 years old) to suicide just 12 days after my baby was born. The day before she ended her life, she stopped by my house to meet her "niece" and hold her for the first time. She kept repeating "You're a momma. I can't believe you're a momma," over and over while she stared at my little girl. I wish I had taken a picture of that moment, because now I will never get to show Silvia that her "Aunt Maddie" loved her and watches over her every day. It has absolutely been the most difficult thing I have ever had to accept and work through in my entire life. Maddie's death has left a permanent hole in my heart that I can not fix. My only regret is that I didn't see the pain she was hiding that last day, and that I should have known and helped her. She didn't reach out to me, but I feel like I should have seen it. I now promise to try to help others in recognizing the signals, and I am walking for AFSP's Out of the Darkness Walk around U.C. on October 16th. I just want to give everyone the information so they can participate if it means something to them. Here is my walk page with all the info.
Thanks for listening.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Suicide prevention walk at U.C.

• Options
    Oh, my heart aches for you. Thanks for sharing.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    Hey we'll be walking together. She was my cousin.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing this. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    Oh that is heartbreaking! I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing about the walk.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. :( One of my former student's visitation and funeral is tonight/tomorrow -- she also committed suicide. It is such an awful thing. Thank you for TALKING about it and EDUCATING others -- who knows how many people you have helped!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kmn3kmn3 member

How heartbreaking, so very sorry for your loss.  What a great event though.

A coworker recently lost her college-aged son to suicide,  My heart aches for the family and friends of victims.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the condolences ladies. It truly is the hardest way to lose someone close, because you're constantly wondering if you could have prevented it and blaming yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thanks for sharing your story. I also plan on walking in memory of my dad who committed suicide when I was in high school :(

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"