Preemies
Options

PSA for NICU moms

Haven't posted in awhile, but something just reminded me to mention that you should take your rings and other jewelry off and send them/leave them at home. When my son was in the NICU, I accidentally left my diamond engagement ring at the scrub sink and it was taken less than three minutes later when I went to retrieve it. :(  I'm so glad my boy is still here, but I still miss my ring. 

Re: PSA for NICU moms

• Options

Oh, how sad! :(

They never asked us to take our rings or other jewelry off - I figured if I was wearing it into NICU then it should be washed, too. I washed under and around it.

• Options
    Yeah...we weren't allowed to wear it in.  They were really really strict - gowns and all (and have one of the lowest rates of NEC and other infection in the country). Usually I would put jewelry in my pocket.  Not sure what possessed me to leave it there.  :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We weren't allowed to wear jewelry in one NICU but we were in the other. I almost always left it off though, b/c it has proven a lower infection risk when there is no jewelry!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersPhotobucket Keep up with Scarlette at http://kaylaaimee.com
  • Options
    DH had his wedding band stolen. It was a little big so he took it off when washing his hands. And just like you, it was gone wi 5 min. People seriously blow my mind. I think that that is just so low.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"