April 2011 Moms

T&P for my friend Cicily... (NBR and long--sorry)

Hey, All,

I've mentioned my friend Cicily on here before. She's the one who had a baby in December and her then boyfriend just randomly decided he was in love with someone else and gave her two weeks to find a place to live... And a bunch of you gave suggestions on where she could look for housing, etc.

She's always had a lot of freakish health problems and has spent a lot of time in hospitals, but she just asked me via Fb chat to call her because it was something serious.

She has drug-resistant E coli and the doctors are saying she has a 10% chance of living. She's obviously scared of that, but now that they know how serious it is, she's in an isolation room and people have to "suit up" to visit her. So, she only has one friend who's been visiting her. And her kids can't visit her, which she understands, but her ex-husband won't even have her daughters call her. She has 7-year-old twin girls and and an 8-month old baby girl. She wants the 7-year-olds to call her every day after school, and their dad is just being an @$$ and says things like they "were busy," etc. Her ex she had the 8 month old with has been having her baby girl "talk" to her on the phone...

Her ex she has the twins with is in the Air Force, so the hospital social worker and psychologist are going to call his commanding officer and try to convince him to let the girls talk to her since she could be dying... I just can't believe he's being like this. I mean, I know he was pi$$ed that she had a baby with someone else right after their divorce, but how can he think it's okay not to let the girls talk to their mother who might be dying?

Before she was in the isolation room, she arranged at the hospital to have a "party" with the girls and order pizza and watch Black Beauty at 6 p.m. and her ex "forgot" to bring them to the hospital until 8:50 10 minutes before visiting hours were over. *Sigh*

Of course, I want T&P for my friend to get better, but PLEASE let her ex come to his senses and let the girls talk to their mom every day... She was just heartbroken on the phone that she might be dying and hasn't gotten to talk to them.

MacAndCheese
Mac and cheese lover!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: T&P for my friend Cicily... (NBR and long--sorry)

• That is so sad! I hope that she recovers soon and fully!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh, her ex sounds like a massive ass. I'll be thinking about her and hoping everything works out, even with the odds stacked up against her. How sad for her kids. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Best wishes to her that she recovers quickly. How scary. And I have no words for the ex. Hopefully he comes to his senses, how sad

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• This is so sad.  I always hope that parents that are seperated (especially in a case like this) can put there own issues aside and do what's best for the children.  Unfortunately that's not always the case.  I hope they are able to get through to her ex so she can talk to her kids. 

I wish the best for your friend and I pray she will beat the odds and live a long and healthy life.

imageimageimageimage
  • This made me tear up, seriously what is wrong w people?? T&ps for sure!! I am so sorry

• This is so sad. I will keep Cicily in my prayers and hope that her Ex comes around so that she can talk to her twins every day.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Thank you so much, Everybody...

I was thinking maybe of sending Cicily one of those "recordable" story books so she could record herself reading it to the girls. Is that a good idea? I want to do *something* but I'm in Oregon, and she's in Colorado.

Here's a pic of the twins "helping" her at a book-signing...if you want a pic of who you're sending T&P's to.

cicily

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• I can't imagine!  Thinking of her and hoping her ex comes to his senses for the girls.  A recordable story book seems like a great idea.  We got one from my aunt for our LO and it's really sweet.  You are a great friend. 
  • OMG, that is terrible!  T&Ps going out now!  I sure hope this works out.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • My thoughts are with her.  Sadly parents do this all the time.  I find it sad that one parent can be so mad/upset with the other parent that they use the children as punishment to the "other" parent.  I hope nothing happens with your friend because if it did and the girls grew up and learned that their father kept them from their mother and her only wish was to see them it could very well hurt them girls.

I like the story book idea, maybe you can suggest to Cicily that she write a journal of first for ALL the girls.  About growing up, boys, starting the monthlys, and every day things she might not be around to tell/talk to them if she passes. I know she doesnt want to be thinking this but it will be a way for her to ALWAYS be a part of their growing up.  Maybe a grandmother or sister can hang on to it until the girls are old enough.

HUGS 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is unimaginable how painful this must be for her.  There is a lot of power in prayer. Prayers are being said.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"