Minnesota Babies

Wedding question

This is probably more of a question for "the knot"... but us mom's are typically pretty resourceful! My fiance and I are getting married in a couple of weeks (very very small wedding) any suggestions on places that do make-up and/or hair for cheap? 

Is it completely tacky to get it done at a department store? 

Re: Wedding question

• You could look for a student or someone building their "portfolio".  Of course, you def.  need to do a trial run if that's the case : ) 

• You could go to the Mac in Uptown and have them do your makeup. It's free if you purchase $50 in makeup (which is nice to buy the lipstick, powder, etc so you can use for touch ups, or if you wanted to purchase false eyelashes). I'd rather go to Mac in Uptown or Mac in a dept store then other makeup counters. I feel like they are trained better for applying makeup for professional photography.You need to book an appointment. We all did this when my friend got married last September. The bride booked a private appointment that costed $50 and you didn't need to purchase any makeup. Personally, I'd just do the free makeup application and buy $50 in makeup though. It was pretty much the same thing. You can go across the street and have your hair done at the Juut Advanced training school in Uptown. I believe their updos, styles, etc are cheaper than a normal salon. This is what we did but I can't remember the cost. Super convenient since they are across the street from eachother. You need to book appts for both places.  

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually did my own wedding makeup...  I wanted to look rather normal in my pictures, so that's what I did...

I know people who did their own hair, but in all honesty, just hire your normal stylist to do your hair the day of your wedding.  Otherwise, Rocco Altobelli has a school that I'm sure they have stylists who come in on Saturday and do wedding hair...  When it came to hair, we had my stylist come to the church and do my and my niece's hair.  Everyone else chose to do their own instead (which really knid of bummed me out because I had gone to the work of hiring someone)...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's what I'm looking for!  Hopefully I'm not calling too late to get in.  I'm in need for new make-up anyway; so excitedly the $50.00 would work. 

Great feedback!  Thank you everyone who responded.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you again!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"