May 2011 Moms

SAHMs worst time of day?

What's your worst time of day? 

Do you have a mummy melt down time? 

What do you do about it?

Mine's between 2:30 and 3:30.  I get exhausted and impatient and just want DH to come home.  

At this point we usually go out if we haven't been out that day or we pop popcorn and have a "picnic" in the living room.  Sometimes I call DH and ask when he's coming home, and ask him to bring chocolate.

Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SAHMs worst time of day?

• Mine is usually after LO is in bed and I'm about to go to bed. Then I remember I need to wash my pump parts and pump...I'm so exhausted I don't want to, but then I know I HAVE to.

LO is pretty easygoign and we get out enough so that I don't get antsy or really tired during the day.

• Usually it's around 4:30-5:30 (and it keeps going if DH is late coming home).  Usually he's just starting to get super cranky and just wants to be in my arms or on my boob.  The sling won't even make him happy.  Sometimes we'll go outside and sit on the front steps and I'll sing to him or narrate everything thay's happening.  There is a vets office near by so lots of dogs get walked by and lots of people walk past, etc.

I look forward to the day when Ben will recognize DH's car and get excited for him to be home.  

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagealliejoe:

Usually it's around 4:30-5:30 (and it keeps going if DH is late coming home).  Usually he's just starting to get super cranky and just wants to be in my arms or on my boob.  The sling won't even make him happy.  Sometimes we'll go outside and sit on the front steps and I'll sing to him or narrate everything thay's happening.  There is a vets office near by so lots of dogs get walked by and lots of people walk past, etc.

I look forward to the day when Ben will recognize DH's car and get excited for him to be home.   

This for us too!

It's the "Witching Hour" for both DD & DS. They tend to have dual meltdowns- DD because she's more likely to be gassy and just fussy in general this time of the day and DS because he's cranky when he wakes up from his nap and is hungry for dinner. 

• Probably about 5 or 6 pm if LO has decided to skip his last nap and just be cranky until bed (around 8 or 9 pm).

DH has only been back to work for a day, but I'm guessing "pray daddy comes home and pass off the baby" will be the strategy. 

I'm still readjusting to being a lone SAHP. I got spoiled over the summer - it's easy when there's two of us and one baby!

• Most days I make it through just fine but once or twice during the week I have a little meltdown when DS fights his late afternoon nap.  Around 5ish is when it usually happens.  I only have one more hour before DH gets home and I am counting down.  I have so much anxiety about getting him to sleep that I am sure he feels it when I have had a rough day.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppBabyName Ticker
  • imagetokenhoser:

Probably about 5 or 6 pm if LO has decided to skip his last nap and just be cranky until bed (around 8 or 9 pm).

DH has only been back to work for a day, but I'm guessing "pray daddy comes home and pass off the baby" will be the strategy. 

I'm still readjusting to being a lone SAHP. I got spoiled over the summer - it's easy when there's two of us and one baby!

This.  DD naps really well during the day, but fights her last nap before bedtime.   

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • About 4:00 when I still have a thousand things to do, the kids are home and need help with homework, LO is hungry and sleepy, and everyone wants something from me.

I need to remember to start brewing my second pot of coffee at 3:30. 

Photobucket
  • 3:30 to 4:30pm is the worst!   We've usually done all the chores for the day, nothing is on TV and all my friends are still at work so I have no one to call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • 5:00 until whenever DH gets home (sometimes 6:30, sometimes... midnight?, depends on the time of year)

Its when I realize most of the day is gone, I haven't done half of what I needed to do, something needs to be worked out for dinner, and DD's schedule is all over the place after about 3:30.  I also get really tired and cranky.

Ugh, I hate that time of day.  And its right now.  Ugh.

• NOW. There's little I can do to distract DS from his overtiredness/boredness depending on the day. I've tried nursing, reading to him, letting him sit in his swing, putting him on his mat, rocking him, putting him in his jumperoo, walking him around the house. He fusses. It's just the witching hour.

Then DH walks through the door, the clouds part, and he smiles and acts as if nothing is wrong.

The worst is when DH calls (at the end of the day, no less) to say he'll be "just a few hours late". Those are horrifying words. But a bath is always a go-to for calming. It involves two of DS's three favorite activities: water play and being naked. (Nursing is the third thing, and that follows soon after the bath.)

• imageMcAllie5:

NOW. There's little I can do to distract DS from his overtiredness/boredness depending on the day. I've tried nursing, reading to him, letting him sit in his swing, putting him on his mat, rocking him, putting him in his jumperoo, walking him around the house. He fusses. It's just the witching hour.

Then DH walks through the door, the clouds part, and he smiles and acts as if nothing is wrong.

The worst is when DH calls (at the end of the day, no less) to say he'll be "just a few hours late". Those are horrifying words. But a bath is always a go-to for calming. It involves two of DS's three favorite activities: water play and being naked. (Nursing is the third thing, and that follows soon after the bath.)

This is LO too... he loves his nakey time :)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I think I'm with most of you when I say the end of the day before DH gets home from work. It's like those last two hours are the hardest because DD doesn't nap so hot at that time and she starts to get cranky. Honestly, if I didn't feel bad about the prospect of putting her to bed before DH even got home, I think her bed time really should be moved up to like 6:45 pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"