Georgia Babies

Need Sleep Help

So I know a 3 month old is on supposed to sleep through the night, but I have seriously got to get some more sleep soon.  With going back to work full time, a husband that tavels at least 2 days a week, and keeping up with a 2 year old I'm going crazy with no sleep.  Any advice is appreciated!

Ansley goes to bed around 8 after a bottle and bath.  Then wakes up between 10-11 for a bottle and goes back to sleep.  Then she wakes up between 3-4 for another bottle and takes a while to go back to sleep.  And finally she is up for the day around 6:30 with another bottle. 

Things I've tried that are not working:  I'm giving her as much formula as she will take during the day.  Swaddeling which works to get her to bed, but she escapes at night and I'm afraid she is getting cold (miracle blanket and swaddle me, its amazing she can even get her hands out of the miracle blanket now).  I even tried adding 1 tablespoon of cereal to her night time bottle (I know I'm a terrible person), sleeping in the pack n play in my room, sleeping in the crib in her room.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Need Sleep Help

• I'm mean, but I would CIO.  One night is usually all it takes.
  • If I were you, I'd work to get rid of that 10-11 feeding first, then worry about the 3-4.  What we did with Emma that worked wonders was going in when she fussed, putting her passy in, patting her on the butt for a minute, and then going back out.  A few minutes later (literally, 3, 4?) we went back in and did the same thing, until she fell asleep.  It wasn't nearly as terrible as I had expected, and within 2 nights she was sleeping like an angel.  The swaddle thing is a whole other story.  I feel your pain.  My hubby was able to get her swaddled really tightly in the miracle blanket, and then we put another swaddle over the top.  When that stopped working, we had to wean her off of the swaddle.  It was a mess.  I'd recommend a sleep sack if you think she's getting cold.  Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Could that work with a 3 month old?  A sleepy mommy is a mean mommy so I'm up for anything at this point.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • susan has a good point, you are feeding her all of those times, so maybe try to knock out one of those feedings.  I guess I should also add that we typically don't do CIO until they've slept through the night at least once or twice before, so we know it is possible.  so I guess I'm not as mean as I think I am.  :)
  • Try the woombie. It's the only swaddle my DD can't escape from.... Yet. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Maybe she doesn't want to be swaddled? DD hated the swaddle and would break out of it, so maybe if you put her down without it (and put her in a sleep sack so she won't be cold) she won't wake herself up when she breaks out of it.

I also would try to get rid of the 10 pm feed. Or, put her down a little earlier, like 7:30, give her a dream feed at 10, and see how she does. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What we did is put our boys down at 730pm then did a dream feed around 10pm-1030pm before they woke up screaming. Then I'd let him cry for some before I got up to do anything at the 3-4am feeding. I learned quickly that neither of my boys actually needed the 3-4am feeding by this point but had gotten in the habit of waking up. After a few nights they started sleeping throught it.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"