Maine Babies
Options

XP: SAL Moms: Is this early labor?!?!?!?

I woke up this morning around 3:30 with menstrual like cramps in my lower abdomen. I was able to fall back to sleep, but kept waking up every so often with them and falling asleep again.

When I got up this morning at 6:30, I looked in my book and it said that low cramping is not a sign of early labor.....but these cramps are coming about 15 minutes apart! They hurt enough that I have to think to breathe through them, but don't want to jump the gun here. I really haven't had ANY contractions this entire pregnancy so I'm a bit ignorant about these.

What do you think? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: XP: SAL Moms: Is this early labor?!?!?!?

• Options

just keep an eye on them, keep timing them off and on. also... drink lots of water and try to lay down as often as possible today, you might just be dehydrated or it could be early labor, either way lots of water will help and laying down will get you some much needed rest.

if they get regular and/or closer together (like 5 mins from start to start and last around a minute or more) then i'd give a prelim call to your OB. my early labor contractions were very similar, but they should radiate around your sides and your entire belly should get hard and be fairly painful, if you can walk, talk and think durring contractions then they are not full on labor yet. but it could definitely be early labor, keep in mind i was in early labor for 2 days before i went into full labor... fun fun... so try to get some rest, and hydrate!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i also wanted to add that they sound like braxton hicks... mine were uncomfortable like mild menstrual cramps, and the belly tightening was either low or high, full on contractions contract the ENTIRE belly.

either way its a good sign, but if they are just braxton hicks, the water should help. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB told me a great thing to determine early labor vs. false labor. Take 2 tylenol, drink some water, take a bath and sleep. If it's real labor or early labor it will continue. Otherwise, they will go away.
  • Options
    If you are having to breathe through them and they are coming and going, they very well could be.  I'd follow mrs ross' instructions and see what becomes of it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"