Pregnant after 35
Options

Breaking the news today

Well today is the day I have to tell my horrible principal that I am pregnant.  We have K orientation this morning and afterwards I will tell her.  Not looking forward to it AT ALL!!!!  She is one of the nastiest, bi-polar people I have the displeasure of knowing. 

Since it is getting harder to keep this growing bump under wraps and I work with a slew of nosey women who love nothing more than to gossip I have no choice but to do it before word leaks out that I am "with child" lol.  I don't want one of the gossips telling her before I get a chance to.

Just typing this makes me sick to my stomach.  This woman is the spawn of SATAN!!!

I need to find my happy place before I leave for work today.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Breaking the news today

• Options
    Good luck. That sounds nerve wracking. Just remember you have done nothing wrong by getting pregnant. She may not like it but there is nothing legally she can do except wish you well on your maternity leave.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck!  I had a VP last year that was like that and I almost quit.  As it stands I won't be going back to teaching next year.  I hope everything goes well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, that's awful.  How is this type of person a Principal??  I hope all goes well for you when you tell her and it's not as bad as you're anticipating.  Find your happy place in the fact that you're pregnant and that's a wonderful thing, regardless of what she thinks or says.
  • Options
    Good Luck Geeps!!!  Like the other ladies said, being pregnant is not a crime. However, it is better to hear the news from you first than through gossip.  Just go in tell her and that is it. Your happy place is your  LO growing inside of you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers/Users/udeozo/Desktop/MS30.jpg
  • Options

Luckily I caught her when she took her happy pills so I got the phoney Congratulations and looked directly at my stomach.

I'm just glad it is over.  If she transfers me next year I will be one happy camper.

One more hurdle down :) 

Thanks ladies!!  You are the best!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageGeeps2:

Luckily I caught her when she took her happy pills so I got the phoney Congratulations and looked directly at my stomach.

I'm just glad it is over.  If she transfers me next year I will be one happy camper.

One more hurdle down :) 

Thanks ladies!!  You are the best!!!

YAY!  I was just going to leave you a message asking how it went.  I'm glad it went went well and she said all of the appropiate things (even if it wasn't genuine).

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options
    I am sooo glad to hear that it went better than anticipated =)
  • Options

Glad it went well for you!  My principal knows already, I told her before we left for summer vacation.  She said congratulations -- but I don't think she's too happy about it either.  

We have a Kinder teacher who is coming back to work after giving birth in April.  My principal had the audacity to tell me that she wasn't sure if she was going to rehire her (she was a temp teacher) because she won't be able to work as hard now that she has a baby!  WTF...  Why would you tell this to a pregnant woman???  And let me tell you, this Kinder teacher is AMAZING!!!!

As far as principals go, I think that men are more supportive when it comes to maternity leave and having a family life...  I miss working for male principals...

Just remember that principals tend to be transferred every 5 to 7 years.  So you will outlast her...  This is my 19th year teaching and my 5th principal at this school...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"