Preemies
Options

NBR: Tell me to settle the F down

I can't pull the trigger on applying for a job.  It would require us to relocate to MA.  That'd mean selling our house and relocating thousands of miles. 

It is STOOOPID that I am getting worked up about this.  Like seriously stupid.  It is a long shot.  I'm already worrying about relocating.  LOL!

I need to just apply for the damn job and settle down.  Applying for jobs out of state is scary though!

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: NBR: Tell me to settle the F down

• Options

Settle the eff down, woman!

No, for real, just apply. Throw caution to the wind. You can always turn it down if you change your mind.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MA is wonderful :) PM me if you have any specific questions that I might be able to ease your MA fears about!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLilystar82:
    MA is wonderful :) PM me if you have any specific questions that I might be able to ease your MA fears about!

H is from MA and I went to college in Cambridge.  I love MA.  But, I'd miss my family and friends here.  It would be great though.  It's just becoming clear that we are probably going to have to relocate for me to be able to do what I want to do.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imagekatie4253:

imageLilystar82:

H is from MA and I went to college in Cambridge.  I love MA.  But, I'd miss my family and friends here.  It would be great though.  It's just becoming clear that we are probably going to have to relocate for me to be able to do what I want to do.  

It's such a hard decision to move away from friends and family. You may regret not applying,but it never hurts to apply and see what happens :) Especially if it's a dream job! Good Luck!
  • Options

Throw caution to the wind and apply!

I feel you though - I have an interview next week and did some research today to prepare.  I starting freaking out when I realized they might ask me about financial statements, Series 7 info etc and all types of banking sh*t that I haven't looked at in 5 years!  I got all nervous and almost cancelled the interview thinking about how awful it would be to go and realize that I am not qualified or up to speed!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ps - I'm SUPER jealous about the prospect of moving to MA!  I went to college in Boston and have family there.  I'm in SC now and miss my beautiful Boston SO MUCH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    totally un-related, but I love the new siggy!!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

There are lots of preemie bumpies from MA... you can have new friends up here!! :)

I say, if the only way for you to do what you love to do for a career means you need to move, then you should apply. Your friends and family will always, always, always be there... but there is nothing worse than getting up in the morning to go to a job that you hate.

GL! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"