Eco-Friendly Family
Options

What age for potty training

Well my DH and I bought a potty chair last night. a safety first 3-in-1. made with 50% plant based bio-plastic and MADE IN THE USA!!!

Anyway I put LO on it after we got home because I noticed he hadn't wet his diaper while we were shopping so I thought maybe he would go on it. And YES he peed. I know this was just because he needed to go at that particular time and it will probably not be this easy going the whole training period, but I am excited.

My question though..... At what age did you start potty training or are thinking of starting? My mom said that my brother sister and I were all potty trained by 1 year old or close to that time. And with my LO at 15 months and just starting I am wondering wat others are doing. The box for the potty chair said children between 2 and 4 years old are the right age for potty training?

I Could never fully understand the statement "they grow so fast" untill you came into my life! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on  Pinterest

Re: What age for potty training

• Options

We started DD around when we started CDing (8 months). We would set her up there anytime I had to go and before baths, and she almost always went. She never really showed an interest in doing it by herself until early this spring (20 months? But I was having a long, drawn out miscarriage and I wasn't mentally able to handle her and potty training also) but within the last month she's really improved a lot. She tells me when she has to go and we've started using big girl panties during the day. I don't think she's ready for night time and naptime, but she's getting there and I don't want to push her too hard. HTH.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lily loves her new little sister!
    Lily Sue 8.17.2009
    Forever loved and missed...Dot 6.14.10, Little Bit 8.20.10, Speck 3.16.11
    Adair Leigh 3.27.12
  • Options
    My DD is 15 months also. I think I am going to wait until she is closer to 2 because hasn't really shown any signs of being ready. She doesn't really notice if she uses the bathroom on herself. I am just waiting for her to give me a sign that she is ready and then I will.

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My DD is 2 and has showed little interest. We have been taking her to the potty and had a little potty in the house since she was 1. I think it's never too early to expose them! She has never gone in the potty... it's just a miss every time. I tried putting undies on her one day recently to see how she'd do and she pooped in them. LOL She seriously has no concept of when she needs to go. We just recently started reading potty books and watching potty DVD's. She will tell me when she needs/wants changed sometimes and she has woken up dry a few times overnight and from naps... soooo I'm chalking those all up to good signs that pretty soon she'll be asking to go potty! ;)

Anyway, Like I said, it's never too early to start exposing them. Don't push him if he doesn't seem ready. Now that he's gone that's a good thing though, so hopefully you can catch it again and keep reinforcing those "signs" for him! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My mom said she potty trained us once we started walking, so around a year old. DS has been walking up a storm and now every time before I give him a bath I put him on the toilet cause he is so interested in it. He hasn't peed in it yet, just around it haha, but I'm in no rush. I love the fluffy butt and who knows when I will ever have another little one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"