Washington Babies

Nice try DH

I'm realllly trying not to "nag" or be "that wife" but his  help really isn't help.  I want him to help and to do his part but no half assed.  But when I tell him it's not right he gets pissy and says fine I won't do it anymore then.

Tonight I asked him to clean up since I did all of the making of dinner, grocery shopping, unloading the dishwasher and putting away of groceries while he told me about his day.  I just came back up to the kitchen and my plate is still on the table, his and DS's are in the sink but not rinsed, not in the dishwasher, nothing.  And there is all sorts of random crap on the table. 

I even just noticed last night I asked him to take the garbage out.  He took the bin to the curb but left the full bag in the can in the house. 

I want to leave it and not care but instead I'm sitting her silently sulking that nothing can be done right unless I do it myself!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12

Re: Nice try DH

• I totally know how you feel. I do EVERYTHING in our house. DH is basically a guest once he gets home. I am slowly getting more and more irritated about it, until one day I am going to have a freak-out moment. But why should I have to ask him to help out in his own house? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am right there with you girls.  What my dh does is when I am not home none of the dishes get done, at all, all day. So then I come home, he heads to bed (when I have been gone for the evening) and I have a messy kitchen. I have started leaving it, and letting him know it wasnt my mess.  I dont leave it like that when I am home all day, and expect him to do it, so neither should he.
  • Loading the player...
  • Um excuse me but when did you marry my husband?! I just don't get why they can't get it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Men are ridiculous.
    {The artist formerly known as JRS72206}
  • imagebreebree13:
    Um excuse me but when did you marry my husband?! I just don't get why they can't get it!

LOL! Ditto!  I also have a 30 year old SIL leaving with us.  It like having another H without ANY perks! (except her pay a third of the bills is nice).

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Glad to know I am not alone. DH is just sperm, money & the occasional babysitter. I pretty much handle everything else. He says it is because I scare him away by not being nice which is a lie because even with sex, beer & good food he doesn't even try to help. 

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Wow I am starting to feel like this and I have only been back to work for 2 weeks.  I hope it gets better, but from reading these post it doesn't give me too much hope! Sad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My DH can't remember what I asked him to do either. I really don't think he forgets on purpose to bother me.  When he says he is going to do something I asked, I think he has every intention of doing it but then just forgets. If it isn't important to HIM he doesn't remember.  I have started making him a list (he is former Army so this helps:) )
  • Could you try talking to him, but not in a "you never do it right" sort of way but more in a "it's more helpful to me if" sort of way? That usually works with my DH. I thank him first for what he HAS done and then ask if he could also do xyz because that's even more helpful for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"