Washington Babies
Options

S/O 3 stroller post

So back to the 3 strollers post:  Do you/would you have 3 double strollers?  We are not sure we even want 1 double stroller, but thinking we should get one for when the need comes.  We'd get a jogger.  But do you think we should consider a side by side option for bigger kids as well? 
BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12

Re: S/O 3 stroller post

• Options
    I just bought a double stroller last weekend at the B&B fair. I can't imagine having 3. Technically J can ride on the front of our single BOB (and does at times) which is what we take to the dog park. When we go on neighborhood walks, she rides her trike. I really only see us using the double at things like the Fair and the mall (which we rarely go to).
  • Options
    I think the side by side is best when one of your is an older child.  I had a tandem when W was born, it was nice for getting out in the beginning. But I do plan to get a side by side (city mini) this time, so as W gets older he can still ride or if really necessary M can.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Only if I had twins or Irish twins
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Options
    I'm just getting the Dualie and calling it good. For short trips out, Max prefers to walk. If he gets tired on longer trips, I will put the baby in the ergo and let Max ride in umbrella stroller.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    How far apart will they be?  Mine are nearly 3 years apart and I have a sit n stand and that's plenty for me.  I used it more in the beginning, but even still not that much.  Just for things like the zoo or the mall or a fair... 
  • Options
    The only way I'd even consider 3 doubles is if I had twins. One is plenty for us. I sometimes toy with the idea of adding a single umbrella stroler, but we get by just fine without one.
  • Options
    We have the Joovy sit n stand, and I loved it for when E was a baby, and would fall asleep in the car seat whenever we went somewhere. Then I could just put the carseat in the stroller, and ds could sit or walk. Now I want to just get a basic single since a lot of times I will only have one kid, like when I do outings once dh is home. I've found that in most shopping situations, I just put them in a cart and its fine. I love the sit n stand for the park, walks etc. now that E has outgrown the infant car seat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Since my girls are 18 months apart, a double stroller is sort of a necessity but we just have one.  It can have two seats or be a sit and stand.  It is at my MIL's most of the time because she has the girls plus their cousin every day and it would be harder for her to keep them all together.  Plus Jillian throws a fit if her little sister gets to sit in a stroller but she does not.  DH and I don't use it too much, because we usually go places with the kids together and can just use a couple umbrella strollers. We bought ours off Craigs List, because we figured it wouldn't be worth buying new given the amount of use it would get.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Options
    I've never even considered having more than one. We have a Phil & Teds and it's been perfect for us. We can use it as a single or a double, the girls are getting close enough in weight that they can trade off who sits where or if Harper wants to walk I can put Marin up top and then Harper can get herself in and out of the lower seat. When Marin was itty bitty I wore her in the Ergo and just used our P&T as a single for Harper. I love the flexibility of it and my girls love riding in it (they're 16.5 months apart).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"