April 2011 Moms
Options

skinny b*@%*

.......just ran by my house again! she has 2 little kids and runs every morning...

i should get off my ass and go out for a walk or something....oh well DS is napping! i'll just keep bumping and drinking my coffee on the couch!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: skinny b*@%*

• Options

I'm hoping to be that skinny *** Stick out tongue According to my dailymile.com workout report, I ran 8 miles last week and burned 935 calories running. (I know, not a huge accomplishment compared to some ladies on here, but it's a start.)

I have friends who ran 55 and 28 miles last week. WOW, huh?

Off to the gym for me! I hope you get to an enjoy a walk or something with your LO today!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    imagenugget0411:

.......just ran by my house again! she has 2 little kids and runs every morning...

i should get off my ass and go out for a walk or something....oh well DS is napping! i'll just keep bumping and drinking my coffee on the couch!

so.......lots of views, no replies! haha i'm sorry...i was kidding and also very jealous that i don't get out and exersize more like she does!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Mornings are the best time to work out if you're a Mom! Get up before everyone else, leave the tiniest one in bed with Dad, and get going. I also love nap time because I can get in yoga and some work on my core, which is about as strong as an 80 year old woman's right now :)

E also loves to sleep while we walk...will your little one nap in the stroller? 

It's so easy to be envious of other women for "having it together" but the reality is that it's our choice whether we are the skinny b*&%@ out running, or the Mom who is watching through the window and missing her old clothes. I know I will never have the body I had before, but I can still choose to be the best new me, possible. With that being said, it has been SO HARD to get going and start working out like I used to. Things just feel so different, and I'm exhausted! I guess that's why I will have to settle for the best me possible, and not the old me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

It's so easy to be envious of other women for "having it together" but the reality is that it's our choice whether we are the skinny b*&%@ out running, or the Mom who is watching through the window and missing her old clothes. I know I will never have the body I had before, but I can still choose to be the best new me, possible. With that being said, it has been SO HARD to get going and start working out like I used to. Things just feel so different, and I'm exhausted! I guess that's why I will have to settle for the best me possible, and not the old me.

I don't post here often but I'm loving your advice today, Mamabird!  Smile  I loved one of your other responses with the end-of-the-rope comment!

I made a commitment to myself when LO was about 6 wks that I was going to get healthy for me AND my kids!  I don't want to be an unhealthy momma trying to get my kids to be healthy ("Do as I say... not as I do!").  So, I joined weight watchers and started making time to exercise.  I am slowly but surely losing weight and changing my eating habits.  And I feel GREAT! 

Walks are great for kids!  Both of my girls love them and it gets us out of the house.  I'm back at work now but when I am home on Fridays, I really try to get out and walk with them.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4
    2012 - 50 2011 - 47 2010 - 57
    2009 - 71 2008 - 108 2007 - 33
  • Options
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

Mornings are the best time to work out if you're a Mom! Get up before everyone else, leave the tiniest one in bed with Dad, and get going. I also love nap time because I can get in yoga and some work on my core, which is about as strong as an 80 year old woman's right now :)

lol yep, I second that ;)

And I just started jogging with my little guy. It feels amazing not having to wait for my dh to get home and take him in the evenings.

GL with any kind of a workout and being the new best you :) I feel like a new woman after I exercise!

• Options

Thanks ladies! great advice - i also love the quote from a friend who does bootcamps

"you will never have what you don't go out and get!" LOVE THIS! i might write it on my bathroom mirror to motivate me in the mornings!

• Options

Good grief- don't apologize!! And don't get off your a$$! (PLEASE! FOR ME!!) I'm not exercising, and I didn't prior. And you know how much I care about this last 10 lbs?

Not. One. Bit.

I'm only gonna run somewhere if there's a gun or a shoe sale.

~sips coffee~Stick out tongue

• Options
    imageMsAng02:

Good grief- don't apologize!! And don't get off your a$$! (PLEASE! FOR ME!!) I'm not exercising, and I didn't prior. And you know how much I care about this last 10 lbs?

Not. One. Bit.

LOL! thank you for that :)

• Options

Haha I just want it to cool down so Jack doesn't melt when we go outside!! Can't wait to stick him in a stroller this fall and hit the trails.  We are at like 59 gazillion days over 100 degrees and it rained here for like 10 minutes and somehow I missed it.  I seriously would have gone and stood in it!!

I have had the same philosphy about running as pp but I am always ready for a good hike!!

• Options

On days when I really don't want to get moving and work out, I give myself permission to stop after 10 minutes if I still don't feel like doing it.  Not once have I actually stopped, but I like having the option.  It's a mind game I play with myself.  Kind of stupid, but, whatever works, ya know.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    YW! My daddy always says : those healthnuts are gonna wake up one day and be really pi$$ed to find out they're dyin' of nothin':   end quote. Big Smile
  • Options
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

Sorry, but this is crap.  "Leave the tiniest one in bed with Dad" would be nice.  I don't have a Dad to leave my tiniest one with - ever.  So after I've taken care of LO on my own all day and night and he's up for the day at 5am the first thing I want to do is throw him in the stroller and go! (insert sarcasm).

You don't know everyone's situation; for some the choice isn't between being "the skinny b*&%@ out running or the Mom who is watching through the window and missing her old clothes".  For some of us the choice is be the skinny B out running or do we stay sane by actually resting or taking care of a million other responsibilities, like paying bills on time or cleaning clothes for ourselves and our child.  I don't even just mean me as a single mother.  There are plenty of moms who have demanding jobs or a DH who has a demanding job, army wives, etc. etc.  For all we know the skinny B out running has been at the spa all day while her nanny watches her kids.

Sorry, but this post just really rubbed me the wrong way, intentional or not.  Maybe it's just me, cranky while sitting in my fat clothes at my job, having come to work after sitting up with my sick child all night.  Which is what I did the night before that, too, and is probably what I will do tonight.

Thought you would've learned your lesson last time the board blew apart from one of your weight related posts, Mamabird.

• Options
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

With a child who doesn't sleep, it's not quite that easy. My DH leaves for work at 7 am, so in order to be up and have worked out before he leaves means I'm up and out the door at 6 am. With a baby that goes to bed at 10:30 and wakes at 2 and 4 and rarely takes more than 20 minute naps, I barely have the energy to get through the day let alone get out there and run.

That being said, even when I do have the time/energy to get back into running, I will never be the skinny b*tch that everyone is jealous of. I've run marathons and eat healthy, but my weight consistently plateaus (at a healthy weight - my body's way of saying, this is what is okay for you, I'm sure). I'm not overweight and I've accepted that my body has changed in order to bring my son into the world...but I don't have the "choice" to be that skinny b*tch.

• Options
    imageLJF1218:
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

Sorry, but this is crap.  "Leave the tiniest one in bed with Dad" would be nice.  I don't have a Dad to leave my tiniest one with - ever.  So after I've taken care of LO on my own all day and night and he's up for the day at 5am the first thing I want to do is throw him in the stroller and go! (insert sarcasm).

You don't know everyone's situation; for some the choice isn't between being "the skinny b*&%@ out running or the Mom who is watching through the window and missing her old clothes".  For some of us the choice is be the skinny B out running or do we stay sane by actually resting or taking care of a million other responsibilities, like paying bills on time or cleaning clothes for ourselves and our child.  I don't even just mean me as a single mother.  There are plenty of moms who have demanding jobs or a DH who has a demanding job, army wives, etc. etc.  For all we know the skinny B out running has been at the spa all day while her nanny watches her kids.

Sorry, but this post just really rubbed me the wrong way, intentional or not.  Maybe it's just me, cranky while sitting in my fat clothes at my job, having come to work after sitting up with my sick child all night.  Which is what I did the night before that, too, and is probably what I will do tonight.

Thought you would've learned your lesson last time the board blew apart from one of your weight related posts, Mamabird.

I seriously cannot believe the negativity that some have brought to the board. I think mamabird was merely sharing her experience and suggestions. And i agree, you do have a choice. Everyone has a choice, single mother, army wife, mother of multiples. You have a choice. And yes i do think you sound a little bitter. You don't have to leave your house to work out. It takes 30 minutes. It is a choice to work out in those 30 minutes or get on the comp., watch a little tv, read a book or just stare mindlessly a the wall.  Its a choice. Wether you are happy with your weight or not.

I am so sick of reading other women bash other moms.  This is a board to share OUR OWN story, ask for help and/or give suggestions. Take them or leave them. No need to bash.

• Options
    imagenettie27:
    imageLJF1218:
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

I seriously cannot believe the negativity that some have brought to the board. I think mamabird was merely sharing her experience and suggestions. And i agree, you do have a choice. Everyone has a choice, single mother, army wife, mother of multiples. You have a choice. And yes i do think you sound a little bitter. You don't have to leave your house to work out. It takes 30 minutes. It is a choice to work out in those 30 minutes or get on the comp., watch a little tv, read a book or just stare mindlessly a the wall.  Its a choice. Wether you are happy with your weight or not.

I am so sick of reading other women bash other moms.  This is a board to share OUR OWN story, ask for help and/or give suggestions. Take them or leave them. No need to bash.

I'm with Nettie27 on this one. I was joking when I said I'll "be that skinny ****"... I don't know if I will, but I'm at least trying to be healthy and work out nearly every day. I do have a gym membership and a SAHD/WAHD which not everyone has, and I understand that, but I could still do some form of working out at home if I didn't--P90X on my computer or whatever.

I think Mamabird is trying to be positive, and I feel bad for her when people get negative on her.

Can't we all just get along?

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    Sorry if I disagree.  I just think if you're not walking in someone's shoes, you shouldn't be telling them they are making a "choice" about losing their baby weight.  I'm okay with her sharing her story and making recommendations, that wasn't the issue.  It was the implication that some of us choose to struggle with finding the time to take care of ourselves.
  • Options
    imageMsAng02:

Not. One. Bit.

this made me LOL. <3 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Options
    That's it, I'm wrapping my LO on me & taking her for a walk!  Mamabird you are so right!!!
  • Options

imageLJF1218:
    Sorry if I disagree.  I just think if you're not walking in someone's shoes, you shouldn't be telling them they are making a "choice" about losing their baby weight.  I'm okay with her sharing her story and making recommendations, that wasn't the issue.  It was the implication that some of us choose to struggle with finding the time to take care of ourselves.

You have to prioritze. For me, finding time to work out is a priority because I want to be healthy and happy and a good role model for my child.

You can work out at home after your LO goes to bed, you can walk at lunch, you can work out while your LO naps, in the morning before they wake up. There is no excuse to sit in your fat clothes feeling sorry for yourself.

You have a choice.

Sorry, your attack on Mamabird really pisssed me off. She was just trying to share her experience. You are coming across very bitter.

• Options
    imageLJF1218:
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

OMG...so unnecessary.  I don't think you need to get that personal with Mamabird.  Even with her last weight related post, it wasn't meant to bash anyone.  Truth be told, it is our choice if we want to be fit or not.  No one can make you go out & exercise but you.

I'm sorry your situation is a little tougher than someone else's because you are doing it alone.  But, yes, you too can exercise at home.  You can go walking with your LO in a stroller, weather is good for that in the evenings.  You can do exercise DVDs when your LO goes to bed.  You do have options.

My mother was an Army wife for 27 years....she too worked out & got her exercise on even if she had to bring all 3 of us along.

The point I am making is if you want to exercise, you really can.  I think you have more of a personal issue with Mamabird more than anything else...

• Options
    imageITGurl0626:
    imageLJF1218:
    imageMamabirdtoBe:

OMG...so unnecessary.  I don't think you need to get that personal with Mamabird.  Even with her last weight related post, it wasn't meant to bash anyone.  Truth be told, it is our choice if we want to be fit or not.  No one can make you go out & exercise but you.

I'm sorry your situation is a little tougher than someone else's because you are doing it alone.  But, yes, you too can exercise at home.  You can go walking with your LO in a stroller, weather is good for that in the evenings.  You can do exercise DVDs when your LO goes to bed.  You do have options.

My mother was an Army wife for 27 years....she too worked out & got her exercise on even if she had to bring all 3 of us along.

The point I am making is if you want to exercise, you really can.  I think you have more of a personal issue with Mamabird more than anything else...

Well, I could reply to this with the reasons that walking in the evenings is not an option for me, or the list of things I have to do after LO goes to bed, etc.  But those are personal situation things and that is my point.  Not one single person knows the circumstances another mother faces, so implying that they choose to be lazy is insulting to me.  Take that as you will.

• Options

I'm a working Mom.

Not only that, but my full-time working husband is also a full-time student. I have a business on the side and hobbies on top of my regular career.

Everyone is busy.

Everyone prioritizes differently.

• Options
    I'm the mommy of 2 kids now, 4 years and 4 months, and I AM the skinny *** because I work my ass off to be that way AND because my genes (that's DNA not denim) allow me to get it back if I work very hard.  I get up at 4:30am 2 days a week to workout before myself and DH go to work (we both leave the house before 6:30am), DH takes kids to dinner one night a week so I can actually workout at the gym for once, I take a class on the weekends in the morning before anyone is up and if I'm lucky I get a 5th day in at night (read 9:30pm) when both kids are down and our time together is over. It's not easy in the least, not one bit, but if you want it, you can make it work.  However, I have a wonderfully supportive spouse that helps me too.
  • Options

I have never been someone that is motivated to work out and I have never and will never go running. However, I would like my body to get back into some sort of shape, so I use my baby as my workout. I lay on my back and lift her over my head (like a reverse push up), I lay on my back with my knees curled up and put her on my shins. I hold her hands and move my legs up and down like a crunch. They aren't the most effective work out strategies, but I am getting a little ab and arm work in everyday. LO just thinks I am playing with her and she loves it. I know not every baby would enjoy these things, you just have to find what works for you.

I don't think you have a choice to be skinny or not, but you do have the choice to be healthy. 

Hannah born 4/5/11
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    Miscarriage d/t blighted ovum 8/14
  • Options

After getting to the end of this thread I literally stopped everything else I was doing, cleared my living room floor and did the tae-bo workout I had been meaning to start for weeks now, while my little one looked on from a blanket in the corner of the room.

I don't know which one of you motivated me, but thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ladies- I am so proud of all of you. Those who say you choose your free time to spend with your babies, and those of you who say you make time to work out.

E is about to be 5 months old and just this week I have started to make time for my health again. I also, like a lot of you, chose to spend the extra minutes here and there that I have with my baby, and didn't worry about the last 5-10 pounds I am keeping on my body. But now it's time to actually be HEALTHY again, to feel strong, have energy, and be able to keep up with her as she starts to show signs of crawling and wanting to be mobile.

Sometimes I want to just lay my butt on the couch after a day of working 7 hours on my feet while I let her watch 30 minutes of cartoons (something I swore up and down I would never do!!)

Sometimes I am motivated and work out while she naps, plays by herself, or spends time with her Dad. 

Other times I use that time to do something like get on TheBump or check my email or creep on Facebook. Do laundry, EAT, actually brush my teeth and shave my scary-hairy legs.

The point is, that we are all learning to balance our lives right now, because we're all in the same boat with new babies. Having a baby and finding free time is NOT easy, and people who will tell you it is are just sugar-coating it. Now the ones like Mrs. Monica who say they bust their a$$ to work out? That is honesty. Saying you're not even caring and just hanging out with your baby right now? That's honesty.

Today I am so thankful to have spent the last year on a crazy journey with the other April Mom's. Because no matter how different we all are, at least we can be honest and supportive, apathetic and understanding of what we are all going through.

All my best, ladies.

• Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    I spend my rare free time working in the garden, something I can do with Hen, when I'm home I join Josh for walks with the dogs, and I run to an occasional yoga class (my abs are shot too!) but working out just isn't a priority right now for me. That is my choice, and I'm totally cool with that. LJF1218, you are a big ole AW, and I have zero sympathy for you. Your choices, your life.

I completely agree! Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"