Single Parents
Options

Opinions please...wwyd

Yesterday, myself along with the rest of my group of friends, found out that my friend of 22 years is cheating on her husband of 15 years with our friends husband...who has also been married to his wife for 15 years.  She has one child with her husband and the guy she is sleeping with has 3 children with his wife.  We are all friends.  We all go to the same get togethers and kids birthday parties.  The friend side of me wants to be there for her and support her but in no way do I condone her actions nor will I defend her actions.  Everyone has written her off. 

At one point in our conversation she had mentioned that they have talked about buying a house together and moving living together.  I feel like I am in a dream hearing this come out of her mouth.  I am friends with her husband because I am friends with her.  Her 13 year old son now knows what she has done and wants nothing to do with her.  Her son and my son are best friends.  Do I reach out to him to keep that line of communication open for the kids?  Do I need to keep my loyalty of friendship to her? 

I told her that she is cracked and needs to leave this guy alone and go take some much needed quiet time at her mothers house to figure out what she wants out of life.  Because right now she is in this dream land and reality is finally starting to sink in....mainly because she got caught. 

This whole situation stinks because I am friends of 20+ years with all that are involved.....I just don't know what makes someone think that this is ok or that they can get away with it.  I guess this is more of a vent and looking for opinions at the same time. 

Re: Opinions please...wwyd

• Options

I think Becca gave good advice. As far as her son is concerned, be there for him if he needs it, but I wouldn't go out of your way to ask him/talk to him about what's going on with his parents. And certainely don't bad-mouth his mother or her decisions to him.

imageimageimage

• Options

So basically the "cat is out of the bag" so to speak and everyone knows about the affair?

I think she's completely delusional and, to be honest, it would be hard to remain friends with someone like that.  I would truly question everything that I thought I knew about her, based on her recent actions. 

She's going to do what she's going to do, but I would probably reevaluate my friendship with her.  No one says you have to necessarily pick sides, but if it were me, my opinion of her would have changed dramatically.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would still leave lines of communication between your son and her son open, only because it seems like he could REALLY use a friend right now.
  • Options

Yes, everything is out in the open.  She got caught red handed!  I would never bad mouth her to her son...ever.  That just isn't right and I don't like when others do it to children in general.  I agree that keeping the comunication open between the kids is important.  Especially becuase they have been friends their whole lives. 

As far as my friendship, you are all right.  I really look at her totally different now that I know what I know.  It hurts knowing that I, along with all of our other friends, were lied to for months.  She has even used me as a scape goat for going to see him..something I just found out about a half hour ago. 

Her son wants nothing to do with her.  He is so angry, which is why I was thinking about texting him and asking if he minds if my DS calls his phone for his DS.  So sad, I prayed alot lastnight for everyone...So sad. 

I don't understand cheating.  If you are that unhappy then leave. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"