Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Rash on baby's belly?

So I noticed last night that my DD has a small rash on her belly. It was a pretty small area of little red bumps. I have been keeping an eye on it and it looked the same this morning but tonight when I went to put her in her pj's it was worse. Some of the bumps have gotten a little bigger and it looks like it has spread some, though it is still a pretty small area (no bigger than a credit card). I think I am going to be taking her to the pedi in the morning but was trying to figure out what could be the cause. I haven't changed anything. We use the same detergent, bodywash, formula, diapers, wipes, and haven't started solids yet so that can't be it. Is there something that I am not considering? Does anyone have any advice on what could be causing this?

Re: Rash on baby's belly?

• Options
    heat rash? new clothing that didn't make it in the laundry? crawling? Just putting ideas out there for ya! Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first thought is heat rash.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could have been something on you or daddy that touched her skin?
  • Options
    My LO has a similar type rash.  The pedi said it was eczema.... we are putting cortaide on it and it is clearing up.
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Options

imageHeatherPB1020:
    My LO has a similar type rash.  The pedi said it was eczema.... we are putting cortaide on it and it is clearing up.

DD has a rash on her stomach too. Sometimes it just looks like dry skin, with no color to it, and other times it gets red. Pedi said yesterday it was eczema.

Also, I've noticed that the tabs on her diapers irritate her skin. So, if I fasten the diaper with the tabs too high, as opposed to leaving some room the top, it irritates her. (not sure if that makes any sense. If the diaper is fastened properly, the tabs don't touch her skin at all)

DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all the ideas! I took LO to the pedi this morning, I love my office they are 5 min from my house and will see her within the hour I call. The doc said that he thinks that it is a viral rash and that they are pretty common. He is not to worried about it because she is not acting sick and doesn't have a fever. He said that it is possible that it could be eczema (sometimes eczema will look like a viral rash) but probably not because the rest of her skin is soft, smooth, and not dry. So we just have to keep an eye on it and it if doesn't go away or it gets a lot worse we'll go back. I am just glad that she doesn't seem to notice it.
  • Options
    DD had a rash last week on her stomach and back and then over the weekend, she got a cold (runny nose, watery eyes).  The pedi said rashes are hard to determine the cause so bringing them in is always the safest bet, even though her rash went away the next day (of course).
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"