Georgia Babies
Options

Is it possible...(nap help please!)

To have a baby that does not need to nap? Ever? Cause I am beginning to think my kids get all the sleep they need in the extra 15 days they spend gestating and then never nap again.

I was certain that I would not be so unlucky to have another baby that doesn't nap, but apparently I was wrong. Even when she seems tired, is yawning and rubbing her eyes, we lay her in her crib and she just turns herself in circles. You would think she would tire herself out but she doesn't. 

If someone could give me some magical nap advice I would love it!

(oh, and she sleeps great at night, 11-12 hours without getting up)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it possible...(nap help please!)

• Options
    swaddle.  The same thing happened with Liam.  I started to swaddle him at naptime and he slept like... (wait for it)... a baby. 
  • Options
    She is a swaddle houdini. I am tempted to try again though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto the swaddle. Derek would nap without it so we didn't realize until late that Parker needed to be swaddled. He would flat out refuse like it sounds like Lila is but once we did the swaddle he was out for 1-2 hr naps. Have you tried the miracle blanket? If not, the woombie zips and seems houdini proof. We just ordered one so I'll find out for sure if it is. I'm sorry though, no naptime makes the day go by slow and seem like it lasts for years.

Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options
    Please post about what you think about the wombie.  Once Alice outgrew the miracle blanket we decided to try the wombie but she somehow managed to get her hands up through the neck, and then got stuck (trying to suck on her fingers).  We never tried it again because I was so afraid that she would actually hurt herself.  At that point we just ditched swadling altogether.  I'd be interested to hear if you have a better experience - I was so certain that it would work after reading the reviews on-line.  We (obviously) don't swaddle now, but I'm packing up everything that Alice has outgrown and am wondering if we should hang on to the wombie for #2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageklvd:
    Please post about what you think about the wombie.  Once Alice outgrew the miracle blanket we decided to try the wombie but she somehow managed to get her hands up through the neck, and then got stuck (trying to suck on her fingers).  We never tried it again because I was so afraid that she would actually hurt herself.  At that point we just ditched swadling altogether.  I'd be interested to hear if you have a better experience - I was so certain that it would work after reading the reviews on-line.  We (obviously) don't swaddle now, but I'm packing up everything that Alice has outgrown and am wondering if we should hang on to the wombie for #2.
    Butting in... We love the woombie and DD sleeps so well in it at night. In fact, i just bought another one a couple days ago. She has never busted out of this one whereas she had in others. We originally tried the swaddle pod by Summer ( same concept as woombie) but she got her hands out the 2nd time she was in it at less than 2 weeks old. I guess different things work for different babies. It's all about trial and error.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imageAugustaBride04:
    imageklvd:
    Butting in... We love the woombie and DD sleeps so well in it at night. In fact, i just bought another one a couple days ago. She has never busted out of this one whereas she had in others. We originally tried the swaddle pod by Summer ( same concept as woombie) but she got her hands out the 2nd time she was in it at less than 2 weeks old. I guess different things work for different babies. It's all about trial and error.

Thanks!  I'm glad to know that it works well for some babies.  We'll keep it around in case we need it when #2 comes around (whenever that might be!).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"