D.C. Area Babies

can someone please tell my son

that I'm NOT a terrible singer?

Zerf? you can vouch for the fact that I had to have at least a halfway decent voice to be in Cams, right?

Whenever we are in the car and I sing to the radio, Warner says "Mommy, you don't want to sing!" and then if I keep on singing, he gets upset and starts yelling it. 

He likes it when I sing him songs before bedtime or his nap, but I am completely banned from singing in the car. And I'm pissed because when All By Myself comes on Mix 107.3, I want to belt it out, dammit!!!

hmph. 

Re: can someone please tell my son

• LOL. Well, that's a big change. Didn't he used to love hearing the CD you made him in the car on the way to daycare? And now he's telling you *not* to sing in the car? Two year olds can be so fickle.

And yes, from the little bit I heard of you singing on the CD, I thought you were a fabulous singer. :-)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bad Kendra! you were sworn to secrecy about the cd that shall not be named!! ;-)

lol, and yes, he used to love my singing better than anyone else's. how dare he change his mind! 

• Loading the player...
  • My kids are fickle.  Some days they are telling me No when I sing but today was a good day and Maggie asked to sing along to I'm a Believer from the Shrek soundtrack - I probably do sound like a howling donkey though.
  • We have the same problem.  I hear a lot of "Mommy, not your turn" when I'm in the mood to sing along. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL! Put on the Roy Clark cd and he can hear a really bad singer. ;)

You definitely have a good voice otherwise you would have been relegated to that sucky concert choir. Cams was for the good singers!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • T almost always yells "NO momma!" when I start to sing with the radio, and is about 50/50 with a capella kid songs.  I don't get it - I'm no Beyonce, but no one's ears will bleed from my singing.
    imageimageimage
  • that's so funny

as for me, I don't sing; when I was very little my parents told me I had a horrible voice and should not even try and I don't; I am practically tone deaf I'm so bad. (I do sing very very quietly when rocking DS (and before him, DD when she was a baby) to bed

• imagebelizeitornot:

LOL! Put on the Roy Clark cd and he can hear a really bad singer. ;)

You definitely have a good voice otherwise you would have been relegated to that sucky concert choir. Cams was for the good singers!

thank you!

I was laughing about it again with DH tonight and I told him "I have performed at Carnegie Hall, but I am not good enough to sing in a Subaru Forester!!!" :-)

and lol at Roy Clark...haven't thought about that guy in ages!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"