Philadelphia Babies

Ladies in Montgomery County.....

Hi.  I just moved here from Upstate NY and I had a few questions about the school districts here.  I am looking at Wissahickon, Methacton, or North Penn school districts. Does anyone have any insight to these districts, any pros or cons about them?

Have any experiences (good or bad) with any other districts?  I'm trying to get a handle of how the districts operate around here.  Thanks for the help! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Ladies in Montgomery County.....

• Hi there!

I was a teacher in Philadelphia, but lived in Montgomery county - I moved away less than a year ago. I've heard great things about North Penn! Apparently they're known throughout the eastern part of the state for being a very good school district.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • North Penn is very very strong in academics as well as in a lot of extra-curriculars. 
  • Loading the player...
  • North Penn is probaby the top of those districts following close by Methacton and then Wiss.  You can't go wrong with any of them though. 

I would stay out of the Norristown School District. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • North Penn is great, but HUGE- for example, I used to work for CPS and we have 1 worker that only deals with this district.  I prefer Methacton, personally!
  • Another district near there is Perk Val. They are a pretty good district. I live in the NP district and formerly taught in another Montgo County school district, so I've had grad classes with lots of teachers in different districts.

Although someone said to stay away from Norristown I've had plenty of classes with Norristown elementary level teachers and they seem to have a pretty good core of academics at that level. Not sure I'd have my kiddos continue until middle and high school there.

FWIW my kiddo may start elementary school in the NP district but he will not finish there. It's just too large for me. (Graduating classes are around 1000 right now) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"