Washington Babies

Found a house...how the really important stuff! :)

We house hunted a found a house in Somerset, just south of Bellevue and we're thrilled with the neighborhood. But...now...the fun stuff!

Where is the best shopping on the Eastside? :) From big box retailers, grocery stores and the like to unique shopping districts?

Any restaurant recommendations?

Area must-see and must-do's?

We've figured out school, but still have all the extras to sort out - doctors, banks, etc. Also, hopefully, we'll find a ballet studio for our little ballet dancer.

Any eastside/Bellevue advice or suggestions for a family of four (with a two and five year old) new to Seattle?

Re: Found a house...how the really important stuff! :)

• Well, you are in luck. Bellevue has pretty much anything and everything. Bellevue Square mall is very popular, and Bellevue has all kinds of grocery stores, so you will probably just have to try a few out and see what you like. If you like more natural shopping, there is a Whole Foods and probably a PCC. My fav places to shop for clothes, etc are Target, Old Navy, Nordstom Rack. Macy's is good too. There is tons of shopping so you will have fun exploring! We use BECU for our "bank"- its a credit union- and love them. As for ballet, I would ask other moms of girls at school if they can refer you to a good dance studio. There are a lot of them in that area! 

Congrats on your new house!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PCC (organic and locally grown food) is in Issaqauh as is Costco (club shopping, bulk foods, electronics, seasonal stuff) 

Kids Quest (indoor play area for kids) and Target is nearby (where highway 405 and 90 meet there is a shopping center). 

North Bend Outlets are a must for shopping.

Snoqualmie Falls 

I agree BECU is awesome (even better for a mortgage loan.)  

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Pediatric Associates for baby (Northup & 116th)

Eastside Family Medical Clinic for you (112th & 12th)

Dr. Man Sunwoo for dentist (148th and NE 8th)

Dr Atkins for eyes (Kirkland)

Dr. Michael Lawler for OB (Has offices in Bellevue on 116th and in Issaquah at Swedish)

Welcome to Bellevue!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are right down the street from me!   Factoria has the childrens museum that is fun for the kids to do.  Also in factoria is factoria pediatric dentistry.   Dr Susan & Dr Jimmy are amazing with the kids. Susan was in my baby group with my 4 year old and they are really wonderful people! They also were great about getting us right in when Cruz chipped a tooth!

I do a lot of my grocery shopping down the street at albertsons but for meats and seafood you can't beat whole foods on NE 8th in bellevue.  Oh also there is a meat market in crossroads, the golden steer that is really good too, we get our thanksgiving turkey there every year! 

Robinswood park is a fantastic park right off 148th that has great playgrounds for little and bigger kids, and there is also a wonderful preschool there that we go to called Kid Magic.

imageimage Brothers! image
  • Bellevue has pretty much anything and everything, like the girls said. My favorite restaurant at the moment is Lot 3 in Dt. Bellevue. There are a ton of other good ones though.

Banks - definitely 2nd BECU. They have two locations in Bellevue NE 2nd and Bellevue Way and another one on NE 20th between 140th and 148th. They also have a ton of ATMs you can use. I've banked there for over 15 years and it has been great.

I commute to my doctor in Edmonds, but my daughter will be going to Pediatric Associates in Redmond. We got a referral for Allison Scott.

Welcome to the Eastside!

imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • So, helpful! Thank you, everyone!

We were just blown away by how friendly the city was. Everyone we encountered on our househunting weekend was pleasant and chatty, asking where we were from and what we were doing there. And everyone had neighbourhood advice - you Seattle people are passionate about where you live! Smile

Our visa doesn't let us enter/work for a few more weeks, so I'm flying in with our eldest to be there for the first day of school.

I can't wait to actually spend some time getting to know the area! The hills are going to kick my butt, I think! But I absolutely love how green and lush everything is - it's just so pretty, everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"