Minnesota Babies
Options

Gymnastics?

Do any of you have your kids in gymnastics? Where do you take them? How much?

I'm thinking of enrolling Belle within the next few months. Big Smile

Re: Gymnastics?

• Options
    My step-daughter (8) goes to Twin City Twisters in Champlin - its clsoe to our house.  Not sure where you live.  There are some Little Gyms still out there (unfortunately ours closed a year ago).  I am thinking about maybe enrolling DD in gymnastics in the spring when she's close to 2 years old.  TCT can start them at 18 months but I will be VERY pregnant then! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

at your daughter's age, gyms will really only have parent-child classes. Most reputable gyms don't start child only classes until 3 (and there is very good reason for that!). 

We did a parent-child class through community ed, and it was only ok. It was for kids 18 months to 3 years, but she was definitely on the younger end and couldn't do everything the other kids could.

Kennedy is starting at Roseville Gymnastics next month. They have a great program, but are much less expensive than most gyms because it's run through parks and rec, instead of being private. Their high school team is brought up through the gym as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKelly1109:
    My step-daughter (8) goes to Twin City Twisters in Champlin - its clsoe to our house.  Not sure where you live.  There are some Little Gyms still out there (unfortunately ours closed a year ago).  I am thinking about maybe enrolling DD in gymnastics in the spring when she's close to 2 years old.  TCT can start them at 18 months but I will be VERY pregnant then! 

We also used to go to TLG in Champlin. :-) So bummed when it closed. Is the Twin City Twisters similar to TLG? Is it really structured?

To the original poster. We also tried Mini-Hops Gymnastics in Minnetonka and they were really good. Small class size. LOVED his "coach". :-) Each class there would be various obstacle courses set up that would work on new skills. It was just too structured for DS (he has autism). The Little Gym was better for him because he could explore things without it being super structured.

• Options
    I am totally all-for the parent-child classes. I live in the south metro but I am willing to travel a bit, but not too terribly far in the snow.
  • Options

I was a gymnast all my life and will put my little one in classes once she is old enough!

Here are some great gyms!

Twin City Twisters in Champlin (My sister was a level 10 there until she went to college to do Division 1 gymnastics)
    North Shore in Maple Plain (My sister and I both went there for many years and we both coached there.  She still coaches there)
    TAGS Gymnastics in Apple Valley or Eden Prairie
    Gleason's in Eagan or Maple Grove
    Midwest in Little Canada
    Elite in Burnsville
    Flips in White Bear Lake
    Classic in Chanhassen
    Mini Hops in Minnetonka
    Rising Stars in Oakdale
    Perpetual Motion in Woodbury
    IGM in Burnsville

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageMrsChamp11:

I was a gymnast all my life and will put my little one in classes once she is old enough!

Here are some great gyms!

Twin City Twisters in Champlin (My sister was a level 10 there until she went to college to do Division 1 gymnastics)
    North Shore in Maple Plain (My sister and I both went there for many years and we both coached there.  She still coaches there)
    TAGS Gymnastics in Apple Valley or Eden Prairie
    Gleason's in Eagan or Maple Grove
    Midwest in Little Canada
    Elite in Burnsville
    Flips in White Bear Lake
    Classic in Chanhassen
    Mini Hops in Minnetonka
    Rising Stars in Oakdale
    Perpetual Motion in Woodbury
    IGM in Burnsville

I'm pretty sure one of my former high school coaches is at North Shore! I went to Midwest in high school (most of my high school team trained there in the off season!).  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD goes to Perpetual Motion in Woodbury - it really has helped a lot with her clumsiness and ability to trip over her own shaddow..  She's actually starting to get some muscle coordination.

A acquaintence(sp?) of mine Pat Henderson (haven't chatted with her in YEARS!) runs Minnesota Twisters (.com) out of Minnetonka.  I knew her when she was involved in getting Trampoline into the Olympics way back when (just fell out of touch).  She's a good gall and coach.  They've got programs from beginners (super cute to watch the tots program!) on up to Olympians.  Most of all, she teaches love of the sport which is important in any kid being involved in a sport...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thaaank you all for the wealth of information!! I am SO excited to enroll!
  • Options
    imageMesmrEwe:

DD goes to Perpetual Motion in Woodbury - it really has helped a lot with her clumsiness and ability to trip over her own shaddow..  She's actually starting to get some muscle coordination.

A acquaintence(sp?) of mine Pat Henderson (haven't chatted with her in YEARS!) runs Minnesota Twisters (.com) out of Minnetonka.  I knew her when she was involved in getting Trampoline into the Olympics way back when (just fell out of touch).  She's a good gall and coach.  They've got programs from beginners (super cute to watch the tots program!) on up to Olympians.  Most of all, she teaches love of the sport which is important in any kid being involved in a sport...

DD will be starting at Perpetual Motion this fall (in September) on Tuesday evenings.  When is your DD there?

imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"