Illinois Babies
Options

Visiting from DC - question about carseats in cabs

Hey, Chicago ladies! I'll be coming to town this weekend from DC, and we are planning to bring our carseat to use in cabs. I wanted to know if having the carseat will make it harder to catch a cab (from the airport, for example). Are cabbies difficult about that?

Thanks!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"

Re: Visiting from DC - question about carseats in cabs

• Options
    From the airport should be no problem but I've traveled in the city w/friends with little ones and I have to say trying to do it when you catch a random cab downtown is hard b/c its busy, people are always in a rush. But although I know it might sound scary you can definitely travel the buses and subway with your stroller but avoid rush hours for sure b/c you can barely sqeeze in by yourself.  And you'll get dirty looks for taking up too much space. And be sure you practice a quick fold of your stroller, some bus drivers are super nice and will let you put it in the handicap spot and some are just not nice at all. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think you have to have the car seat for the cabs - some drivers are pretty adamant about that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAmJur:
    I think you have to have the car seat for the cabs - some drivers are pretty adamant about that.

Cabbies couldn't care less. I've taken my daughter in a cab once without a car seat, and the guy didn't bat an eye. I've definitely received many impatient sighs installing her car seat.

• Options
    You must have gotten the last nice cab in chi town. LOL  - i keep hearing stories from my friends how cabbies are refusing to take them anywhere w/out a carseat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"