D.C. Area Babies

holy earthquake, batman!

At first I thought my washing machine was off-balanced... Indifferent

hope everyone is ok.  Stay safe!

Re: holy earthquake, batman!

• That was scary!  We have workmen and at first I thought, what are they digging now?  The whole house shook and several things fell over/off the wall.

I hope that everyone is ok.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm still having BH contractions from the shock!

• Loading the player...
  • Yikes!! I was in our basement, my in-laws were upstairs and I thought they were jumping up and down until I heard one of our vases break. Crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in Tysons, right by the Metrorail construction.  I thought another crane fell!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are all fine. I learned a good lesson today. DH does not have the DCP's number in his phone or know her last name. We clearly need to re-visit some of the basics of disaster planning.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think I'm one of only a few people who didn't think that was a big deal, it was a little exciting but nothing horrendous, it was my 4th one. Since everyone is OK, it is something cool to talk about and to write in the kids' memories books!

• imageSofka:

I think I'm one of only a few people who didn't think that was a big deal, it was a little exciting but nothing horrendous, it was my 4th one. Since everyone is OK, it is something cool to talk about and to write in the kids' memories books!

my husband thinks i'm nuts. i didn't think it was a big deal either. glad everyone and mostly everything is ok. didn't really like the unsettling feeling, don't really want to do it again. but, in comparison to what a really damaging earthquake might be like, this was nothing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm from So Cal so I've felt worse, but the fact that everyone is so unprepared here is what makes it scary.  Nobody takes precautions to secure furniture/frames/etc in case of earthquakes.  I didn't freak out or anything, but it was a big deal in the sense that it was a historical event. 
  • I was absolutely convinced i was having some weird post-partum hallucination. I realized that i knew nothing about earthquakes - i was on the phone with my best friend at the time and, as i grabbed the baby, told her that i was heading into the bathroom to get in the tub (I grew up in NC - we had a lot of hurricanes- this is what you do ;-) She, growing up in the midwest, told me not to do that but head to the basement, which, apparently is what you do when there are tornadoes. However, i now know that you're supposed to just get to ground level and cover your head with your arms or, if in bed, stay there with a pillow over your head. Right-o, guess i learned something yesterday ;-)
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"