Trying to Get Pregnant

What's with all the SN changes?

It seems like one person did it and now I'm seeing a handful of others.  What's the deal yo?  I get why it might be necessary in some instances, but now I feel like people are doing it just for the hell of it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's with all the SN changes?

• I was just thinking the same thing. I saw a siggy I recognize but now have no idea who she is.

My Little
  • It is going to make my head explode.  I can barely keep people straight as is, and now names are changing.  Uuggh!!!

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • I was wondering too....

Btay I am right there with you trying to keep people straight....

• I was wondering the same thing. Is it the "cool" thing to do?

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I know btay!!! Also, I just posted a chart stalk post. Can you and BBJ please go take a look? I think it is newb day. I hardly recognize anyone today. :)
    My Little
  • imageMySweetBaboo:
    I know btay!!! Also, I just posted a chart stalk post. Can you and BBJ please go take a look? I think it is newb day. I hardly recognize anyone today. :)

TTC since 2010

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• imageMySweetBaboo:
    I know btay!!! Also, I just posted a chart stalk post. Can you and BBJ please go take a look? I think it is newb day. I hardly recognize anyone today. :)

TTC since 2010

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• imageMySweetBaboo:
    I'm off to stalk!

TTC since 2010

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• I've been wanting to change mine bc it has my full maiden name. I didn't think it was possible to do so. I just found out that I could, so this will be a bandwagon that I am jumping on!
  • I had been wanting to change my screen name since it is/was my name.  When I saw this morning that it can now be done, I seriously considered it.  Then I figured that, hell, I have my blogs in my sig that link to my Pinterest which has my full name.  That and, as stated above, it would be like trying to reintroduce myself.  So, I changed my mind.  People know me by this screen name, if someone decides to stalk me out... then I guess I deserve it. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I changed mine because I had personally identifying information in my old one. I don't post enough here for anyone to know/care but it was bugging me.
  • I was on thebump during my pregnancy with DS and the day we brought him home from the hospital I had got a letter in the mail harassing me about what I wrote on the bump. I immediately asked for my account to be terminated. 

Whomever it was found my address and basically told me I ruined my SO's life and that our DS was a ba$tard.... needless to say I was pretty upset. Especially since it was suppose to be an amazing day, bringing our son home for the first time.

I just recently started back up here, but under a different sn. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Changing for privacy reasons is obviously totally acceptable.  It just seemed like one person did it and then all of a sudden, I'm seeing several siggy's I recognize but didn't recognize the names.  

I also realize that seeing someone else do it probably reminded a lot of people that they wanted to get it done, etc. and I'm not flaming anyone for wanting their name changed if they are doing it for a good reason, but dangit ya'll are confusing me!  ;) 

• imagejmgcoggins:

I was on thebump during my pregnancy with DS and the day we brought him home from the hospital I had got a letter in the mail harassing me about what I wrote on the bump. I immediately asked for my account to be terminated. 

Whomever it was found my address and basically told me I ruined my SO's life and that our DS was a ba$tard.... needless to say I was pretty upset. Especially since it was suppose to be an amazing day, bringing our son home for the first time.

Wtf?! What did you write? How did they get your address? Some people are sick.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• imagethekikimonster:
    I tried to change my name when I first became pretty active on the bump but never got an answer. I thought maybe I didn't have enough posts to warrant the change. It was pretty easy to find a lot of my personal info with my older username and it made me pretty uncomfortable to keep it.

This.

Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • imagemelissa721:
    imagejmgcoggins:

I was on thebump during my pregnancy with DS and the day we brought him home from the hospital I had got a letter in the mail harassing me about what I wrote on the bump. I immediately asked for my account to be terminated. 

Wtf?! What did you write? How did they get your address? Some people are sick.

I don't even remember what I had written. It wasn't anything bad, and I have no clue how they got my address, but it freaked me out.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebostonbluejay:

Changing for privacy reasons is obviously totally acceptable.  It just seemed like one person did it and then all of a sudden, I'm seeing several siggy's I recognize but didn't recognize the names.  

I also realize that seeing someone else do it probably reminded a lot of people that they wanted to get it done, etc. and I'm not flaming anyone for wanting their name changed if they are doing it for a good reason, but dangit ya'll are confusing me!  ;) 

Exactly!! There might be some "whatever happened to" posts from me in the near future.

My Little
  • Mine used to be my first and middle initials and then my full last name, which isn't common at all, so I changed it.  Some of my friends on 6-9 changed theirs too for the same reason.
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imageThePinkDagger:
    Mine used to be my first and middle initials and then my full last name, which isn't common at all, so I changed it.  Some of my friends on 6-9 changed theirs too for the same reason.
    Bish please. You don't have friends.

I like to pretend I do, shhh don't tell anyone.  I will now be filling out one of these:

• aw, my first bump burp in 2 years

• I changed mine about 6 months ago. When you googled my old name, it came to my xanga (live journal account which could not be deleted because I couldn't remember the pw), plus a plethora of other identifiers.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I made mine my first name initial and last name followed by the year I was born.... not thinking that anyone I knew IRL would find me on here.... but when a parent of a student emailed me to find out if I was expecting and constantly brought up babies, I wondered if perhaps she may have found me and put 2 and 2 together.  Hence the name change.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"