Houston Babies

My potty training fail/funny!!

The other day Tyler handed me his wet diaper and said mommy pee-pee mommy trash so I thought that maybe he is ready for training.

We got the potty out and talked about it and have been setting him on it. Well...nothing happened except that he has put the part that he pees and poos in on his head and said a hat!

Oh well...kind of thought it was way to early for him b/c he just turned 2 last week.

We will keep trying with no pressure on him or us and if it happens then great if not no biggie

Re: My potty training fail/funny!!

• Hilarious!

Matt goes to stand at the toilet, and just stands.... it's so funny. He does tell us when he has a dirty diaper, so I guess that is something!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS will say he wants to go potty - so we sit him on it.  He reads a book, then looks around, and says "all done" and he doesn't even do anything!  I am wondering if he even knows what is supposed to be happening?!  lol.  (oh, and he has also used the insert as a "hat". haha)
  • Loading the player...
  • Well today my MIL who keeps him during the day told me he said me need poo poo so she sat him on the potty for a minute and nothing happened so she took him off and he poo poo'd in his diaper.

I think he is too young still to understand what he is supposed to do. We will keep trying though.

• imageCareBear01:
    DS will say he wants to go potty - so we sit him on it.  He reads a book, then looks around, and says "all done" and he doesn't even do anything!  I am wondering if he even knows what is supposed to be happening?!  lol.  (oh, and he has also used the insert as a "hat". haha)

This sounds really weird, but I always sit down and go pee while he's sitting on his potty  (the little potty is right next to the toilet)  and I talk about what I'm doing and encourage him to go peepee too.  So far he's peed in the potty twice.  But then, I don't remember to ask him if he wants to sit on the potty very often.  We're not really trying to potty train at this point, but he clearly gets it and can control his bladder.  So we're just going to keep on letting him use the potty when he wants and try for real when he's closer to two. 

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • I was very excited yesterday when E told me "poop" and then a few minutes later he pooped. But then when you say, "okay, you pooped. Let's go change your diaper." he runs off in the other direction. I know 18 months is early and we don't have a potty yet, but we tell him what he is doing when he is doing it so he starts to understand the sensation. I have no idea when he is peeing, though.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• imageSuzi-G-:

imageCareBear01:
    DS will say he wants to go potty - so we sit him on it.  He reads a book, then looks around, and says "all done" and he doesn't even do anything!  I am wondering if he even knows what is supposed to be happening?!  lol.  (oh, and he has also used the insert as a "hat". haha)

This sounds really weird, but I always sit down and go pee while he's sitting on his potty  (the little potty is right next to the toilet)  and I talk about what I'm doing and encourage him to go peepee too.  So far he's peed in the potty twice.  But then, I don't remember to ask him if he wants to sit on the potty very often.  We're not really trying to potty train at this point, but he clearly gets it and can control his bladder.  So we're just going to keep on letting him use the potty when he wants and try for real when he's closer to two. 

Yep!  We let him watch us (separately, of course!), too.  With as many times as he sat on it, you would think he would have just by chance gone at the same time, but nope!  It's almost as if he's holding it in when he's sitting on the potty.  Stinker.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"