colic LO and socializing — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

colic LO and socializing

My son is colic and has reflux so there is alot of crying that happenes during the day.  He's 10 wks old and we have not really brought him to any cookouts or outtings because we never know how he is going to be.  The times I have tried going to a family members house or a friends house I end up some where in the house by myself or with my husband trying to console our crying child.  Its very stressful on us and friends/family dont seem to understand.  They tell us they do not mind that our kid is crying but I do!  How can I relax when my child is wailing? We always leave early.  Anyone else experience this?  I guess I feel really guilty about not socializing him but I do feel like he's not ready.  Am I being a crazy parent or am I doing the right thing but keeping him in our home.  We do have visitors which is way easier for me to handle.    My son just seems so sensitive.  Hardly anyone else can hold him without him bursting into tears.  Makes me sad because I want him to be happy.

Re: colic LO and socializing

• We're experiencing the same with our LO. We really don't go anywhere except to visit family and the store, but we only go places when both MH and myself are present. It's a struggle but I'm hoping it will end soon! You have to do what's best for you and your family and what makes you most comfortable! Just remember it will eventually get better!!

• I feel your pain! My LO is also very colicky and we have not been able to enjoy going out and only just started to have visitors. We only see people with babies so they understand and can tolerate his crying. I really wish we could get out and enjoy the outside world, mostly for my sanity. Every day, it's getting better so I'm hoping it'll happen before I have to return to work. Good luck and hang in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD #1 was the same way.  She started liking being around other people at about 7-8 months.  She didn't like anyone else to hold her until about 10 months though.  And I couldn't leave her without her screaming the whole time until she was 14 months.  Some kids are just more sensitive.  I know it's frustrating.  GL to you.

• Hang in there!  I have a 2.5 year old who was a difficult baby for his first year and a 2.5 month old who had colic and would cry constantly up until a couple of weeks ago.  I just want to let you know that the colic won't last forever!  Don't worry about socializing him much yet because he is still really young.  Colic is miserable for babies and mommas, but again, it really doesn't last long and your LO will be feeling better soon!
    old bumpie, new name ds1 3/2009 ds2 6/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards