Birth Stories

Induction Question

Okay, I'm sorry if I'm asking the wrong board, but I figured out of all the ladies, some of you would know the best answer...

I have a scheduled induction in 3 weeks (I'll be 39 weeks) due to elevated BP and SPD (pelvic pain that's been going on since 12 wks). At 36 weeks, I am 1cm. dilated and 70% effaced.

Does anyone know if the induction might be a little easier if I'm more effaced, etc.? During induction, do you need to wait for effacement first or was induction easier if you were already a little effaced before?

Did anyone dilate relatively fast if they started at only 1-2cm? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Induction Question

• I was about where you are at 36 weeks. When they induced me at 39 weeks I was 3 1/2 cm dilated and 90% effaced. Once they started the pitocin and broke my water I progressed really fast. They had me on oxygen for baby and they finally checked me and stated that is why baby is not happy. I was almost 10cm. Now while I did dilate fast...pushing did not go so smoothly. He was stuck and it took 4 1/2 hour to get him unstuck. 

I wish you a happy and safe delivery with minimum pushing! But no matter how long it takes or what happens it is the most magical moment when you finally meet your little one! 

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thank you for sharing :) I know and understand that everyone is completely different and complications can arise, but I was just curious to see how others' experiences went. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was induced at 38 weeks. I had been dialated to a 2 since 32 weeks. It took 36ish hours I think

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • this was years ago but I was induced at a tight 2cm and labor was 16 hours total. I was stuck at 2 for a good 13 hours of that 16. However Pushing was pretty quick.

• Thanks ladies!! I'm hoping that it doesn't last more than 20 hours (wishful thinking never hurt anyone, right)... they are starting my induction at around 4:30 in the morning, so I'm hoping I have her within the day like my doctor expects me to. If I can get away with labor lasting less than 20 hours and pushing less than an hour... I'll feel like I'm in heaven... but now that I think of it, I'll go through any amount of time and pain to have my LO in my arms haha.
  • This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS
  • I had a Foley induction that started on Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning at 5:30 we went to the hospital and our daughter was born at 1:33pm the same day. Pretty quick and easy induction and prior to that I had been 1cm dilated and not effaced with a posterior cervix.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMarinewife81:
    I had a Foley induction that started on Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning at 5:30 we went to the hospital and our daughter was born at 1:33pm the same day. Pretty quick and easy induction and prior to that I had been 1cm dilated and not effaced with a posterior cervix.

all I have to say is WOW... that sounds like a fairly ideal birth story, if any... I'll put my request in for one like this hehe.. 

• I was induced at 40 weeks. I was 1-2cm and 80% when I went in. They started the pitocin at 10pm. at 1:30am or so I was close to 3cm and not having bad contractions at all. things picked up quickly from there, and at 3am I was in transition, and by 4:30am I was complete. My son was born at 5:08am.

I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was already starting to dilate or just lucky genetics, but I did it all without an epidural.

Good Luck!! :)

• If this is your first baby it may take longer. I was induced with my youngest (14yrs ago now due in Mar 2012) so it took from 7am until about 2pm but I dilate pretty fast.  Good luck and hope all is well.
  • I was started on pitocin at 7am and I was 1cm.  I started pushing at 10pm that evening and DS was born at 12:30am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi-

I have two very different experiences with induction.

With ds #1, I was one week overdue when they started me on Pitocin. I was only 1 cm dilated, but don't remember my effacement. They started me at 9:30pm and I had ds at 2:09am. I progressed so fast that I didn't even get to have an epi. It was a really hard labor, and I swore I'd never get induced again.

With ds #2, they wanted to induce me one week early because they were afraid with how fast my last delivery was, it would be the same. So they induced me exactly one week early. Again, I was only about 1 or 1 1/2 cm dilated, 50% effaced. I am pretty sure I was having contractions the night before. They started my pit at 7am, broke my water around 9am and I had ds #2 at 11:30am. FAST! Luckily, I was able to get my epi this time and it was so much better.

Best of luck to you!!

Julie... Mommy to a beautiful baby girl & 2 handsome boys!! image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My birth story is a bit traumatic, i was induced may 22 at 8:15 and didnt dilate fast was in labor until may 27 which sadly it ended in a c/s at 3:56am. so i would say every pregnancy is very very different specially if you're induced. i was 39 weeks also. good luck EITHER WAY IT WAS ALL WORTH IT! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This post has been edited by a moderator to remove a redirect hyperlink.

STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"