Military Families
Options

wanted to whimper a little bit.

I am having my anatomy scan in mid Sept. DH was going to be home and I was so excited that we would get to see what we are having together. Now that Hurricane Irene is coming, it looks like he will be leaving port with his boat and he will be gone for almost an entire month- including the u/s date. I'm so upset. I know this is something that I need to suck up and take like a big girl, I just wish it weren't happening. I just wanted to whine at someone. Go Navy!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: wanted to whimper a little bit.

• Options

Of course you'll suck it up and do it, because you have no other choice!  In the meantime, there's nothing wrong with having a little whine about it.

We've all been there.  Sometimes it's the little things that suck the most.  Whimper away, it's what we're here for.  

Do you think you guys could Skype during the ultrasound?  Or maybe have the Dr. write down the sex on a piece of paper, and don't look at it until you're together?   

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
  • Options
    I kindof like that secret paper idea. I was thinking of sending him an email with a picture of guy or girl baby stuff. Hoping maybe I can just get him on the phone, but they should be pretty far out in the ocean. Might be a few other ideas. But I know one thing, no one else is going to find out until I know for a fact that he knows.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Big news! Latest is that he is staying home since the hurricane has shifted! I hope it stays this way. Anatomy scan, here we come!
  • Options
    I've got my fingers crossed for you!  Funny how things can change in a heartbeat.  I'm so glad you'll be together!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"