Maryland Babies
Options

pack n play

Anyone doing research on this? I was going to register for one with a changing table on the side but it seems many people say they are not that sturdy so I am thinking why bother.  People seem to end up using the floor or couch.

Re: pack n play

• Options
    We didn't use the changing table that came with ours at all but what we did use was the Newborn Napper. They don't come on every model, but ours had it and DD slept in that for the first five weeks. I think it helped her become a great sleeper so early on and it was nice to have her right there next to me. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We kept ours in the living room. We used the changing table until she was about 3 months old. At that point (12 lbs) it just hung down and she would roll to the side so we took it off.

She actually sleeps in hers every night so we're glad we got one. She hates the crib.

The newborn napper feature was really nice and she slept in that for months too.

I just feel that it's something easy to take off if it doesn't work for you so why not?

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.  I guess I never thought I could just take it off once the baby gets too heavy. I like how we can just ask away on here! : )
  • Options
    we have one and set it up for both kids and I never seem to use it.  She doesn't like to sleep in the newborn part but every kid is different...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Before DS was born we got a PNP with a bassinette insert and the changing table thing that goes on top. I used the changing table CONSTANTLY, for a good three months or so. The bassinette part, not so much. He hated it. Every baby is different as far as what they like, but it does come in really handy to have that on the main living level if baby's room is upstairs.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a Graco with the newborn napper and changing table.  I love it.  We used to have it in the basement for whenever we were down there but DS hated his bassinet so PnP is now in our bedroom.  DS sleeps in the napper everyday and sleeps great in it.  I also use the changing table all the time so I highly recommend one with both the napper and changing table.
  • Options

imageShandaB:
    I have a Graco with the newborn napper and changing table.  I love it.  We used to have it in the basement for whenever we were down there but DS hated his bassinet so PnP is now in our bedroom.  DS sleeps in the napper everyday and sleeps great in it.  I also use the changing table all the time so I highly recommend one with both the napper and changing table.

We have the pnp with changing table and napper in it. We used the changing table all the time, but she never sleep well in the pnp. 

• Options

We have a Graco PNP that has the bassinet and a changing table. We don't use the whole thing nearly as much as I thought we would, but that's because of it's location in our house. It's in the basement where we thought we'd spend a lot of time, but we haven't really. But when we are down there, we use the changing table and it's fine (and DS is ~12lbs). The built in wipes holder is pointless. It holds like 2 wipes.

The bassinet is good. When DS was tinier and slept all the time, he would sleep there if we were in that room. And he slept in it when we traveled. But now that he's older he doesn't like to sleep in anything crib-like (including the PNP) during the day so we don't use it much now. But we are hoping to get use out of it for overnights with the grandparents, etc.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    We have a PnP with a bassinet and a changing table part. We used the changing table for all middle of the night changes for the first 3 months or so. Until about 8 weeks she slept next to me in my bed, in a Snuggle Nest thing, then until about 3 1/2 months she was in the PnP bassinet, after that she moved to her crib in her room. It seemed worth it to me (the PnP was also a gift... but I did register for it/pick it out).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"