April 2011 Moms

Screaming fits?

DS had horrible colic until 2 months.  At his 2 month appt., his pedi recommended probiotic drops and they made a world of difference with him.  We had a happy baby again.  We have not had any problems again until this past week.  This past week he just starts with screaming fits in the late afternoon until he goes to bed.  Sometimes we can make them better.  Sometimes it will get better if we feed him, sometimes it will get better if we swaddle and get him to nap, other times nothing helps and he just screams for like 10-15 minutes at a time and then just exhausts himself.  This starts from about 2:00-3:00 and lasts on and off until he goes to bed around 8:00.  Can colic come and go like this?  Could his reflux meds need to be adjusted (but if this is the case, I would expect him to be upset all day because of his reflux bothering him)?  Anyone have any suggestions or advice??  I am about to lose my mind between him not sleeping at night anymore and then going through this during the day! Sad 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Screaming fits?

• are you sure he doesn't have an ear infection? that's how my DS was a few weeks ago and he had an ear infection.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The idea had crossed my mind but he didn't have any other symptoms.  No fever, no drainage, etc.  And his mornings are always happy!  So I can't figure out why it always happens in the afternoons through the evenings.  He's going to the dr. for his 4 month checkup tom. so we'll see what she says.  Thanks for the help!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD does this. At a little past four every evening, it's a total meltdown. And it suuuuucks. We try putting her down for a nap - no. We try to entertain her - no.

She just wants to scream and be mad. I know she doesn't have an ear infection, we were just at the pedis. He told me it's "colic" and it can just stick around for awhile.

She essentially is a wreck from 4:10 pm until she passes out at 6:30. Sometimes we can push it off with a car ride or a walk, but she just has these fits and there doesn't seem to be an answer.

I have self-dx that she's overtired because she doesn't effing nap. But nothing will convince her to take a nap during the day, and she is charming up until the witching hour.

I'm sorry. It blows and it's REALLY frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"