Potty Training

Night time potty training issue--need help

I also posted this on 12-24 months but I didn't know this forum existed...see below.. your feed back is appreciated...

About 2-3 weeks ago when I went to get my daughter in the morning she was completely naked (pajamas and pull up off) and of course she wet the bed. Initially I thought she did it because it was hot, we were experiencing a major heat wave at the time, but she has done the same thing consistantly since then. She won't take off her top, but she'll take off her bottom and then toss her pull up out of the crib. Sometimes her pull up is dry and she'll still take it off and toss it. Once she took a poo in her pull up, took it off and of course poo was everywhere. Last night she did this 4 times. At this point I'm trying to figure out what can I do.

A little background info, she's in daycare and they are potty training at day care. I potty train at home as well. If she wets herself during the day she does not take off her pull up. My husband works nights and she slept with me twice this week and she did not take of her pull up. I'm sure it's comfortable to her to sleep without any bottoms on, but since we are still training this is certainily not ideal. I'm at my wits end here. Any suggestions? Or will I just have to wash her linen every day until she gets it? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance!

Re: Night time potty training issue--need help

• When we PT our kids we never used pullups we went straight to underwear and PT took just a few days (I think like 4 w/ DS and 1 with DD).  To PT them at night we put them in underwear and they would go to bed @ 8pm.  Before we went to bed @10:30-11pm we would wake them up and have them go potty.  Of course at first we were scared they would never go back to bed but they ALWAY did- I think the first night was the only night they sat in their crib and played for a bit.  Regardless, they always woke up dry.  We did this for about 2-3 weeks and then stopped to see what they did.  They either slept straight thru and woke up dry or woke up in the middle of the night dry and asked to go and would wake up dry in the morning.  They PT at 17 & 15 months old.  Also, ours NEVER pooped during naps and bedtime- even before PT.  Have you thought about giving her quite time on the PT when she's most likely going to poop.
  • Well, I honestly think she only pooped because she was upset that she had to go to bed and she was crying. Since she was a little baby sometimes she'd be so upset and cry so hard that she'd poop. So I think she pooped, then took off the pull up and well you can imagine the rest. I asked a few friends and they also recommended trying training panties instead of pull ups. And also limiting her liquid intake at night after like 6pm. (she goes to bed at 8). I guess it threw me off because the pull up doesn't seem to bother her at school or in the day time at home...just bed time. And I do think getting her up to potty before I go to bed is a good thing too. Thanks so much for your imput. And wish me luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • My oldest did the same thing.  Some people recommended duct tape, like a little belt of it but my kid is the type to flip his *** if he wanted it off and couldn't get it off.  We do the trip to the bathroom thing after he's asleep.  We've got the worlds lightest sleeper yet not once has he had an issue going to back to sleep, for that matter he doesn't really even wake up.  Now our issue is he drinks a ton of water so we take him an hour after he's woken up, DH takes him before he goes to bed about 11 and most nights I wake up around 2 to pee so I take him too.  With all that we still have wet sheets a few nights a week and I'm sooooo sick of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"