February 2011 Moms

Sleep Training Question!

Hi Moms!

I have a 6 month old girl (my first) who has been co-sleeping with us since the day she was born. We have decided that we'd like to get her over to her own crib and room. Any suggestions on WHEN to do this and HOW? Your advice is muchly appreciated!

Love, Laura

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep Training Question!

• You may try starting with naps, we tried naps first and when he had gotten the hang of naps in the crib then we switched over to night time in the crib.  Can you sleep with the crib sheet for a night before you start putting your LO in for naps?  That way at least her bed will smell like you when she first goes in so that will be a bit more comforting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree on starting with naps, that's how we did it. I started putting DS in his crib for every nap, for a couple weeks straight, he did fine. Then, I would start him out in our room at night and if/when he woke up at all in the middle of the night, I'd move him to his crib for the rest of the night. Granted, this was when he was just under 3 months old - I was going back to work and NEEDED him to be in his room for sleep's sake. Honestly, the first night we put him in his crib the whole night he did just fine and he hasn't had any problems since.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"