Houston Babies
Options

Maternity/Nursing bra store question

Sooo, I moved from Austin to college station recently and am having an issue finding a good maternity store here. My issue is that I am a 34H/I bra size  and not many stores carry that size. I don't want to drive 2 and a half hours to Austin and Houston's only an hour away so I thought I'd try there. In Austin there was an awesome store called Special Addition that was amazing with a huge selection of bra's in all sizes. Is there a place like that in Houston?

I just don't feel comfortable ordering bra's off an online store because it's hard for me to find the perfect fit and I prefer to try them on before buying. TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maternity/Nursing bra store question

• Options

I would think to call Nordstroms to see if they are carrying them in stock at this time. Sometimes they stock them; sometimes they don't. They have them online. I really like the ones they carry and their associates make bra shopping easy. When I have found one there, I end up ordering the other colors.

They may have another solution at Nordstroms, like getting some in or knowing if they will... It would be worth a shot. 

Since Woman's Work closed their retail location, I'm curious where people are going. If you find a great place, please update me if you can? I would love to know. 

• Options

Intimacy in the galleria carries nursing bras and they specialize in fittings and carry a wide range of sizes.  They are pricey though, so you may want to wait until after you deliver and your milk comes in to go get fitted for a nursing bra.

I think Woman's Work still does bra fittings as well, but by appointment only now. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A Woman's Work is still carrying Bravado bras and will help you with a fitting as well.  Intimacy also carries nursing bras, but based on my experience with them, I wouldn't recommend them until you were well established into nursing. The associates there were surprised I was still nursing my four month old Tongue Tied and while they can fit you for a bra, they don't understand the changes that come with pregnancy and nursing like Sandy does at AWW
  • Options

imagekat.in.the.hat:
    The associates there were surprised I was still nursing my four month old Tongue Tied

That's just sad.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would call A woman's Work and talk to them. I wear the same size as you and they were the only place in town that had more than a couple of bras that would fit me.

I ended up with an Elomi underwire, love it.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"