Pre-School and Daycare

Help with little accidents

My 3.5 year old DD has been potty trained (daytime only) for about 8 months now.  Ever since she got the hang of it she's been great, very very few accidents.  Lately, though, she's been having "little" accidents.  By that I mean that she will wait so long that she will pee just a little in her underwear before she goes to the potty.  We usually figure out she needs to go when she grabs herself, but I think by then she has already leaked a little.  We have been going through 4-5 pairs of underwear a day lately!

What can I do to help avoid this?  I've been trying an incentive with allowing her to have an M&M if her underwear is dry when she goes on the potty, but although she asks for the M&M every time, it doesn't seem to be motivating her enough.  I was thinking of getting her a watch with a timer that could be set to go off every so often to remind her to go, what do you think of that?

TIA!!

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help with little accidents

• Do a potty routine.  Instead of waiting til she shows signs or says she has to go, every 1-2 hours tell her it is time to go potty.  that way she can retrain on how to go before she has to go really badly. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could have written this post myself!  DD has been completly potty trained for a year and a half now, and these past 2 weeks she keeps having the same little accidents.

We are trying a backwards approach.  Currently if DD stays in her bed all night she gets a sheet of stickers in the morning.  This morning I told her that if she pees in her underware she will lose her sheet of stickers.  We will see how this goes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"