New Jersey Babies
Options

More Prudential Questions!

Hello All,

I am new to the board -- I actually found it trying to google questions about the Prudential plan.   I am a NJ teacher, and I think I understand the plan fairly well, but I do have a few questions that both the rep and my HR person haven't answered.

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.   

Firstly, I'm near the part where they are going to send me the 5-question form.   I am in outstanding health, but I do have asthma and a slight thyroid condition.   Will either one of these (or both) make me ineligible?   Did anyone else go through on a more serious medical condition?

Secondly, the elimination period is the time where I'm ineligible to receive payment, correct?   Can I sign up for one elimination period and then change it before I'm pregnant?

I think that's it for now -- thank you all in advance!

Re: More Prudential Questions!

• Options
    I don't think that those two things will eliminate you at all, but you never know :(  The elimination period is the time that you are ineligible to receive payment....you need to wait until that period is over to get paid.  I'm not sure if you're allowed to change the elimination period without having another physical/health exam.  Prudential does have an 800 number specifically for the teacher plan, so they should be able to help you there.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"