Natural Birth
Options

2nd time pregnancy Dr. questions?

The practice I go to has about 7 OB's. Whichever is on call at the hospital, is the one I get to deliver. They all are great OB's so I really don't mind. I gave birth at 37 weeks last time, a little earlier than expected so I ended up not meeting 1 of the ob's. Of course he was the one to deliver my baby. I asked all kinds of questions the 1st time around letting them know we were going for a bradley birth. They all said, they would support me however I wanted to give birth. My delivery went exactly as we hoped med free without interventions, the nurses were great the entire time and followed my birth plan. He was only there when I needed to push. Which I have no problems with since I didn't know him lol.

With this baby, I'm going through the rounds again of the ob's and they always ask if I have any questions. I don't have any. I already did it once, I obviously am hoping for a similar birth, minus the early term.

I always feel SO weird at the end of the appointment when they ask. I just can't think of any and they always seem surprised.

Am I weird for not having any questions? Is there something I'm not thinking about?

Susanne Ashby PhotographyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd time pregnancy Dr. questions?

• Options

I wouldn't feel weird about not having any questions. Especially since you already experienced childbirth.  I do know exactly what you mean though about the doc whowing surprise that you don't have any questions.  I've gotten that vibe too and think they're just happily surprised that your appt is done so soon.

One question you may want to ask is if any hospital policies/procedures have changed since your last stay.

• Options
    oh that is true! thanks for the idea :)
    Susanne Ashby PhotographyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"