Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

bedtime snack?

Do you give your LO a bedtime snack? If so, what do you give them? I usually don't...I try to make him drink some milk around 7:00, especially if he didn't eat good at dinner time. Sometimes if he refused dinner all together he will ask for food, usually some cherrios or animal crackers....I'm wondering though if he should be getting a snack every night? I know I want a snack before bed myself! LOL!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: bedtime snack?

• Options
    I do but that's b/c if she's picky at dinner I don't want her waking me up at 4am that she's hungry! I guess I'm just paranoid but I've been giving her "snacks" since she started eating solids. Usually I give her fruit, or some of those earths' best crunchin' graham crackers/cookies. Plus her milk.
  • Options
    Yes, either string cheese, yogurt, blueberries, or strawberries.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sometimes, yes.  Mostly if he didn't eat well at dinner so he's nice and full. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

No, but my DD is a good dinner eater less the veggie of the night.  Dinner for her includes a meat, a side (veggie, rice, pasta, etc.), a 1/2 cup of fruit and a "cookie."  A "cookie" to our daughter is a rice cake or sometimes animal cookies.  And of course her milk.

She eats between 6:00/6:30pm, goes to bed around 8:30pm and sleeps until 7ish the next morning.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jgoojgoo member

Just depends on if he ate dinner, how much, what time dinner was, etc.

It's not a set routine. But if I feel he needs something or asks, then I give him a little something before bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We do not. We eat dinner around 6-6:30, and bedtime is 8:00. DD1 has a few sips of water before bed. DD2 usually nurses to sleep still.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    We usually give a bedtime snack about an hour before they go down. Fruit, cheese, yogurt, crackers,and on special occasions with big sister they get popcorn. My husband is big on 6-7 small meals a day so it has kinda bled over to the kids lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"