April 2011 Moms
Options

Less Expensive Birth Control?

I use the nuva ring and love it.  The insurance I have reaches a certain coverage per year and then switches to a deductable.  With the birth and all the doctor appointments this year- we've reached our coverage and now we're paying out of pocket for everything (except "preventative" appointments).  So my nuva ring is no longer covered and is like $300 for a 3 month supply.  Does anyone know if the pill or another method is less expensive?  I'm thinking of asking my Dr. to write me a RX for something less expensive for the rest of the year so we're not doomed to using condoms.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Less Expensive Birth Control?

• Options
    You could definitely get different versions of the pill that are available in a generic.  Then it would be cheaper.  But if your BF'ing, make sure you let your dr know that. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks- I wasn't sure if there was a generic version of the pill.  We are not BF-ing anymore so that will not be an issue =)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last year, I was on a generic version of the pill with no health insurance and I think it was 15$ a month, maybe cheaper.  If you don't want a generic definitely ask your doctor for samples or if there are any promotions (that's a bad word for it) for the name brands.  The pill I'm on now has a little debit card so I pay 25$ and the company that manufactures it pays the other 45$.  It's a pain when I check-out at the pharmacy but saves a lot of money.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"