Detroit Babies
Options

repost from Sept.2011 board VENT horrible customer service from Gardner White

We bought a couch 2 months ago, bought the extra insurance in case something happens, and now I see that for whatever reason, the leather is peeling(I never touched anything on it, I didn't scratch it, nothing!
I called, they sent out a technician, he took pictures, he said it seems to be a manufacturer's error. He filed the paper work, I got a nasty call back saying that they can't do anything about it, looks like I scratched it up. They're not going to fix it.
It's a 2 month old, $1200 leather couch!! I went to see the manager, I called another manager just now who again accused me of damaging it and insisting that based on the photos, it's not a manufacturing problem.
I'm not asking them to give me a new couch, I'm just asking them to fix the problem on this one! and she's refusing to send anyone out to do that!!
AND, according to her, I can't even give the couch back! They don't take things back!!

Makes me want to cry!!

Beware ladies, because really, it makes me angry! According to them, had I sat on the couch with a knife in my pocket and punctured it, they would send someone out to fix it.
What is even more disturbing, shortly after I posted it on the Sept. board, someone seemed to have stalked me on it and sent an answer on their behalf, ridiculously claiming that in their opinion, it was caused my an animal-I have no pets BTW... I only hope this response was someones's sick idea of a joke!
Anyone here had a similar situation? Any suggestions on what I can do now?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: repost from Sept.2011 board VENT horrible customer service from Gardner White

• Options
    I would skip dealing with the store and call corporate.  Many times you just have to be persistant and if they give you the run-around, ask to speak to their superior.  Ask them what they're basing their decision on and that you would like to see a copy of the report from the guy who came out.  You said he told you it looked like a defect, so hopefully his report reflects this.  IF that gets you nowhere, maybe start threatening to go to Ruth to the Rescue or one of those other news help lines. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're having a horrible time with them too. We bought the Serta icomfort revolution mattress and the imotion base. The base has "frequency" issues with the remotes, we're sick of dealing with. We called them and the Macomb store manager was rude. They claim that you can't return/exchange bases, which our sales guy never mentioned during his pushing the Serta satisfaction warranty on us. He made it sound like if there was anything we didn't like about the bed (never said mattress only) we could exchange. We like the mattress, hate the base. Never will buy from them again, they just lost a customer of 9 years.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i have to agree with poor merchandise from there. We bought a rocker/recliner from there a couple years ago. not even having the chair a year, it LITERALLY caved in! like the seat part of the chair broke in half! we have since bought from art van.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"