New to The Bump
Options

Question:Trying to Concieve

My husband and I are trying to concieve. I am one week late and I took a pregnancy test it came out negative both times. We were intimate in the meant time. If I become pregnant would my month of concieving be August? My last menstral period was in July.

Re: Question:Trying to Concieve

• Options

July. As Ambsies says, your conception and due dates would be calculated based on your LMP. You essentially get 2 "free" weeks in the calculation, because you typically ovulate around 2 weeks (more or less) after your LMP.

• Options
    i have always thought it was from the date of your last period when calculating your pregnancy but  based on when you ovulated you could have very well conceived in august
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, everyone is correct.  Week 1 (of 40 weeks) starts when you start your last period.  You are not techinically pregnant at this point.  How confusing!

For future reference, I would strongly encourage reading, "Taking charge of your fertility" and subscribing to fertilityfriend.com - which you can link to by clicking on my horse link.  This will help you keep track of your cycles and be mor eintune with your body.

Good luck.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"