Postpartum Depression
Options

PPD after m/c?

A little background. DF and I had been TTC for 7 months. We finally got a BFP in April. We were so excited. In fact in our group of friends 4 of us were pregnant with due dates within months of each other.  Well Come the first ultrasound in May at 12 weeks we found out I had a missed miscarriage. I had a D&E on May 16. We were devastated. I was okay for a while. Now I feel like it's hitting me. I have no energy. I'm not sleeping and when I do sleep I wake up with nightmares. all I feel like doing is crying. My moods are a roller coaster. I don't want to go out with friends I just want to sit home. DF thinks part of the problem is now I'm seeing all my friends deliver and I should have been getting close to that and now I have nothing. I got AF July 1 and we jumped back on the TTC wagon. Now I'm getting periods every 2 weeks. I have an appt with my OB tomorrow morning for that. DF actually is who suggested that maybe I have a bit of PPD going on. Is this how anyone else felt? It almost feels dumb that I could be so upset but I can't help it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: PPD after m/c?

• Options

It's not dumb to feel that way at all.  I TTC for 3 years, had a m/c and failed IF treatments of various types before having a successful pregnancy.  It takes a lot out of you.

It may very well be worthwhile to talk to a professional for an assesment and to get some tips on coping skills.  It's not easy.

I'm sorry for your difficulties.  You have every right to feel sad, angry, depressed, alone and so on.  But for your own sanity, and because the process of TTC can be a long and arduous one, you owe it to yourself to seek out resources to be as strong and happy as possble.  Because though it seems like your entire world is about TTC right now, as the days/weeks/months pass, your life is going by.  You should enjoy living it outside of this situation.  I hope that makes sense - good luck to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"