Illinois Babies
Options

Car Seat Installation - Check Points?

Has anyone brought their car/ carseat to a local place to check it for proper installation?

I read on-line that people get them checked at local fire stations, etc,   but it that small town thing or can we do in Chicago too/

Any advice?

I have a Graco Snugride, and we tried putting it the car, it definitely does not seem right or tight enough.

Re: Car Seat Installation - Check Points?

• Options

Yes - we had DD's car seat installed by the police station in Northbrook.  Then, when DS was born, we had DD's convertible seat and DS infant seat installed by the fire station in Libertyville.

Here's a website you can use to find locations that install/inspect:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/index.cfm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The police station in our district (9th) installs/checks them, we just needed to call ahead to make sure the officer who is certified to do so is available.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Secretary of State has a lady that does them by appointment. I think her name is Kathleen Widmer. I set up a time with her and met her in the Panera parking lot by the Niles DMV. She did a very thorough inspection and gave me a kit of safety items afterward.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejesusita2002:
    The police station in our district (9th) installs/checks them, we just needed to call ahead to make sure the officer who is certified to do so is available.

Tagging on to what jesusita said...Every district in Chicago is required to have at least 1 person that is certified to check car seats.  You can either call the district, or 311.

• Options
    Where are you delivering at?  I delivered at Prentice and the valet installed our car seat.  They got it in so tight and we didn't undo it until we switched her into a convertible car seat.  
  • Options
    We had our seat inspected at Children's Memorial Hospital.  It's free, but their first appointment was about 2 weeks out.  Galt Baby, on Clybourn, also does seat checks, but I believe they charge $50.  
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageratilano:
    Where are you delivering at?  I delivered at Prentice and the valet installed our car seat.  They got it in so tight and we didn't undo it until we switched her into a convertible car seat.  

How long ago did they do this? At our Great Expectations class they said we had to have it done before we got there because they won't touch it.

image"">

• Options

I delivered at Prentice. The carseat was in a box in my car when we got there. They told us not to try to install it ourselves, the valet's do it all the time.

When we left my BF pulled the car up, the valet showed him how he was installing it, why he was doing it that way and how to make sure the baby was strapped in safely. He was great and took his time to show us.

I wonder why the great expectations class would say otherwise? I was there in march. 

1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"