Pre-School and Daycare

Snack ideas for 20 kids

At the boys' preschool, instead of packing a snack every day, I will bring the snacks for all of the kids in the class once a month. Well, three times a month, but most parents will only do it once. You know. Anyway.

Ideas? They don't want anything really messy (yogurt, applesauce) and I'm assuming I will portion out 20 of these. This is for the morning snack. It would be fun to bring something sorta unique. :)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
My blog * We made the national news!

Re: Snack ideas for 20 kids

• If it were me- I'd grab a big chub pack of cheese sticks (Super Target sells a big chub pack of 20+ for around $5-6). Easy, healthy, clean.

• imageMirandaHobbes:

If it were me- I'd grab a big chub pack of cheese sticks (Super Target sells a big chub pack of 20+ for around $5-6). Easy, healthy, clean.

oh hell yes! awesome idea for one of my three days. excellent. 

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • Cheese sticks

Babybel cheese

There are also individually packaged cheese slices or ones cut like mickey mouse, etc

Cereal

Gummies in packets

boxes of raisins

grapes or other fruit

pretzels, goldfish, 

apple or veggie straws 

veggie booty (by Pirate's Booty)

I think these are all peanut free... and most I have gotten at a wholesale club - like giant bags of veggie straws and 20-24 packs of Babybel

• Fresh Fruit(Apples, Bananas, Grapes)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely the string cheese or the individual pre-packaged cheese slices from Target. Grab a box of crackers and you're golden.

Or you can buy a bag of those mini boxes of raisins and have those with crackers.

Cut up fresh fruit and crackers or cheese.

Check out Weelicious for more creative snack ideas. I love that website, and she has a lot of allergen free recipes.

My daughter's school doesn't allow yogurt or applesauce either. Or candy, fruit snacks... basically any kind of junk or messy food. 

• You could also do muffins. Very easy to make and cheap. I like to make banana and blueberry.
  • I love apples and carmel.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Chips.  The blue ones. (do they even eat anything else???????)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • If you can make them yourself, and you want to, I suggest making a bunch of the mini muffins from weelicious.com. I love her pumpkin muffins and my son eats them like crazy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • For DD1's toddler class, I would bring things like apple chips or the Terra veggie chips. The kids devoured them. 

I think mini muffins is a great idea, too! 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • DS has his first snack day the week after next, and we can take in homemade items instead of just prepackaged ones.  We also don't have any food allergy (nut or otherwise) issues in his class, and we can use the main fridge/freezer space in the school's kitchen. 

That said, I think I'm going to take frozen monkey tails (basically a banana on a popsicle stick with PB and chocolate covering...google for lots of recipes).  I think the kids would get a kick out of them, and they're healthy too.

• Freeze dried fruit, my kids love freeze dried apples but I know they have all kinds.  We get it at Costco.

For summer you could do all kinds of healthy popsicles if they have somewhere to store them.  Could be as simple as filling the molds with applesauce.  Along the same vein we buy the yogurt tubes (like gogurt) and freeze them.  My kids can eat them before they get soft enough to be too messy.

Fruit salad

If you felt like the work, fruit cabobs would be a huge hit.  In fact you could put anything on a stick, veggies ect and they would love it.

• Zucchini bread or muffins.
  • You could make a batch of mini blueberry pancakes (I like this recipe and it is so good we eat it without butter or syrup: https://www.bakerella.com/good-morning/).

Kebabs: Fruit and cheese on skewers, meatballs (halved or quartered) and cheese on skewers.

Homemade granola bites, popped out of the liners already. https://www.anotherlunch.com/2010/05/recipe-chocolate-chip-granola-bites.html (they're really easy and it makes a bunch). I'd probably leave out the chocolate chips and just do the peanut butter flavor instead. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"