Houston Babies

My horrible mom moment today

DD moved up to the "big girl" gymnastics class today from the parent tot one.  It is 45 minutes long and she did the 15 min warm up just fine (to my great shock) and then about another 5-10 of the actual class but then IT happened.  She was sitting in line but about 5 feet from the kid in front of her.  The teacher asked her to move closer she wouldn't.  So she asked if she wanted me and she said yes so she had me come into the gym and then it got worse.  DD is used to me participating with her and so she wanted me to get on the mats etc.  I told her no she she started having a fit and I told her we were leaving b/c she wouldnt' listen so then she promised to listen if we went back in.  Of course she didn't.  She ran off to another piece of equipment they weren't using and as she was crawling under something I had to grab her by the ankles and drag her back.  As I'm getting shoes she runs off to the trampoline and I have to get her kicking and screaming and we leave - her screaming all the while she wasts gymnastics.  I'm sure I looked horrible grabbing her by the ankles or when she would run from me and I had to snag a shoulder or arm.  I was so mad at her and so mad at myself.  She continued to scream all the way home in the car that she wanted gymnastics.  We will try again next week and if that doesn't work I may see if the other place around here has a different "format" or we may just have to stop. Sad
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My horrible mom moment today

• If she is used to having you there, you have to give it more than a couple of sessions to "take."  I would keep it up and see how she does.  Explain to her that she is a big girl and gets to go to class by herself.  Would some sort of reward like stamps or stickers work?  Finley did dance by herself with the promise of stickers.  What did her coach say about the situation?

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • You are going to have to give her more time. It is a big adjustment. I am also surprised that the teacher would offer for you to come in. If she's going to learn to participate in the class on her own, she needs to know that you joining her is not an option since she's in the bigger kids class now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"