Postpartum Depression

Not sure if this is the right place?

Hi, I'm new to the site and I'm not sure if his is the right place to post this, but I need help and I need help now!

I have had many mental issues since I was younger. At one point I was diagnosed bipolar when I was in my early teens. After my parents divorce and I moved in with my grandparents they  figured out that I wasn't in fact bi polar I was just depressed and had a very unstable life with no real rules or schedule.  

Well for the past 2 years I have been on Lexapro and Trazodone to help me sleep. Since finding out I am pregnant I have gotten off all my meds while I am waiting patiently to get back to the doctor I have a 3 week wait just a week left though. But now I can not sleep, I'm moody all the time. I seem to snap at the smallest stupidest things. I cry for no reason. I feel like crying just typing this. And now my marriage is suffering. I go off for no reason, and fight about everything. If I'm hungry I get even worse. So with my mood swings, hunger, and sleep deprivation I feel like I am going crazy and need to check myself into a hospital. 

I'm not sure what  to do until I can get in to see my doctor. I am trying to control my emotions, but I feel like I'm not even myself anymore. Not to mention I'm in the process of buying a house, just got married, and my husband is going back to school at night starting this Monday. 

Please if anyone has been in this situation what did you do? 

Re: Not sure if this is the right place?

• I went off my meds for my entire pregnancy. It was hands down the HARDEST thing I've ever done, and it was the hardest thing for my marriage. I was basically a vegetable for 9 months. I sat on the couch and didn't move much. I fought with my DH over dumb things. Luckily, my husband and I have been together on and off since we were 14. So he knows me and he knows my struggle. The fights happened, and it was hard times, but I knew he was always there for me. And he wasn't holding it against me.

If I could do it over,  I would stay on an anti-depressant through my pregnancy to help keep myself in check. I chose not to BF so I could get back on my meds. My kids need me to be here, and the only way that happens is on my meds. 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • I'm sorry sweetie.  Is there anyone that you can talk to before you get into the doctor - a therapist, perhaps? If you're religious, maybe a pastor/priest? 

I would call your doctor, and let him/her know what you're experiencing.  They may be able to get you in sooner.  That being said, you're going to need support through this pregnancy.  Talk to your husband, your friends, your parents; anyone that can help you through this.  They need to understand how you're feeling and that you're acting the way that you are for a reason.

Good luck!  And congratulations on your pregnancy!

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"