Alaska Babies
Options

Moving to Alaska next week!

Just wanted to 'hi!'

We are headed to the Fairbanks area Thursday.

Is there much activity on here for Alaska mommy's?  Are there any play date groups?

Re: Moving to Alaska next week!

• Options
    Help on how to remove the siggy photos under my post would be awesome too! can't figure out how
  • Options

Hi!

This board doesn't get much activity, as you can probably tell.  I'm not from the Fairbanks area, so I'm no help with mommy's groups around there. Sorry!

As for your siggy, go into "my account" at the top of the page, then click on edit profile.  You can delete the code from the signature section, or you can go to tinypic.com to resize the picture and try it again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto the PP about our dead AK board... no one ever posts here!

And like the PP I don't live anywhere near Fairbanks either, so I can't help you with play dates either.

Enjoy Alaska though!

• Options
    I live near Fairbanks.. about 25 minutes away in Eielson AFB. I live on base so I only know that you can meet moms at the community center. If you're military I can let you know about somethings.. if not I don't know anything about the Fairbanks area for play dates. Sorry!
    New little one arriving in June 2015!
    No fertility care this time, and post cancer treatment! Hooray!
    Total Thyroidectomy for Papillary Thyroid Cancer in 2013
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2004. 
    Kaylin Rose conceived in 2010 by IUI, DOB January 01, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I keep forgetting that there is an Alaska page!  I live in Delta so no help on the playdates.  I hope you enjoy it up here.  Try craigslist.com and look under community activities to find something to do and meet people?

• Options
    Hi there! I live in AK! I live on Fort Wainwright, I have a 6 month old little boy. I am a admin for Fort Wainwright Wives/Mommies on FB called Fort Wainwright Spouses! 
  • Options
    we have playdates every thursday @ one at the last frontier center! and have alot of outings, events and such!
  • Options

This is the first time I've even been on this board, so I can't say anything about its popularity...

However, I do live in Fairbanks.  A really fun (free) outing for kids and to meet other parents is to go to storytime at the Noel Wien Library.  It is pretty close to Ft. WW.  They have "Mother Moose" story and play time for kids under two years old.  It is held on different days of the week, two or three times a month.  You can find out the exact details on their website. 

• Options
    Also, if you are BFing, the LLL meetings are held once a month. (The second Weds of each month at 11:00 am at the Presbyterian Church on College Road)  I have met some really great moms there.
  • Options
    Welcome to Alaska! Hopefully you find some good support up there! Check out meetup.com too, they have some groups down here in Anchorage and might have something in Fairbanks too. Good luck!
  • Options

Well, I live in Fairbanks, but like almost everyone else I can't really help with the play dates. I do have a six year old, but we stick with our friends and our little family mostly. We're expecting our second now and it would be great to see other "to be" mommies on here once and a while! :) Enjoy Alaska!

• Options
    Thank you for your support! www.winddeal.com
  • Options

I have been checking this board for almost a year on and off while I was preggo with my second. It doesn't get too much activity. A few of us have been trying to get it going though!

We live in Fairbanks and quite honestly I was born and raised here and have never heard of any play date groups. Thats not to say there arent any though. I know that the Artisans Courtyard does baby yoga and the gymanstics places have tumble time for baby. 

https://explorefairbanks.com/events

this site also has a calender of events going on in the fairbanks area. you can narrow your search to just family and find some good activities to do! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"