Hawaii Babies

Kawaii Cloth Diapers

Hi Ladies,

I am thinking about cloth diapering #2 (my DCP is on board this time). I was just going to go with the green mountain prefolds and covers but then I came across Kawaii Diapers. The reviews are really mixed....some love, some hate. Seems to be the same with all types of CD.  They are cheap than the other AIO and I was thinking these could be the ones I send to DC. 

Hopefully, I won't give up this time since my DCP is on board and hopefully this babe doesn't poop as much as Ashton did (at least 6-7 times a day until he was 6 months old!!)

Re: Kawaii Cloth Diapers

• back when I was researching them I remember reading a lot of bad reviews? i think the PUL is really crinkly and a lot of ppl didn't like that? I don't have any personal experience w/them though b/c the reviews turned me off

here's a search on the DS forum where you can read more about them - link

I  hope you can stick with CDs longer w/#2 :) poops are definitely the worst part of CDing.  Miss A pooped a ton too but we just had a huge diaper stash to accommodate that :) and when we started EC she very quickly started pooping in the toilet so we never had to deal with CDs and "solids" poop.  i know EC isn't for everyone but  you should consider it with #2 since you might be in the bathroom w/Ashton anyway :)

• yeah, unfortunately, different brands of pockets and AIOs will fit babies differently.  i never tried kawaiis, but we've had good luck with BumGenius (love the Elementals, but the pockets are okay too), Fuzzibunz, and TotsBots.  Rumparooz and Happy Heineys did NOT work for us at all.  the general consensus if that you should get a few of each and try them before investing a lot into a single brand.  you could also do a trial (eg: through jillian's drawers) where they'll send you a few different brands so you can test them all out before buying - those seem to work well for people.  we used prefolds for so long, so i just started buying a few different OS dipes in different brands whenever I caught them on sale.

even the poops aren't that bad now - maybe we're just used to it, haha.  we still sometimes get non-ploppable poop, but for the most part, it's almost easier than BF poop, b/c it just plops into the toilet, instead of leaving a runny mess!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • sorry, I don't have any experience with them.

My favorite dipe is the bum genius elemental with snaps (snaps stay nice longer).  our dcp didn't really mind what we sent in (some kids use prefolds there) but if you think it could be an issue it seems like some people prefer hook and loop over snaps. 

fuzzi bunz perfect size never worked for J.  I ended up selling them.

• imageSanHawaii08:

even the poops aren't that bad now - maybe we're just used to it, haha.  we still sometimes get non-ploppable poop, but for the most part, it's almost easier than BF poop, b/c it just plops into the toilet, instead of leaving a runny mess!

I LOVE ploppable poops!! lol. Never thought I would ever say that! lol.

• imageMauiWedding08:

sorry, I don't have any experience with them.

My favorite dipe is the bum genius elemental with snaps (snaps stay nice longer).  our dcp didn't really mind what we sent in (some kids use prefolds there) but if you think it could be an issue it seems like some people prefer hook and loop over snaps. 

fuzzi bunz perfect size never worked for J.  I ended up selling them.

I also do know have any experience with Kawaiis. We only use BGs. I loved the snaps but LO has recently gotten getting chunky in the belly lol so her size is kinda in between snaps. These days, I prefer using the velcro ones since you get a better fit. I know some people do not like the hook and loop since the velcro goes bad but so far so good for us. I make sure I stick them in the laundry tabs before throwing in the wash.

Fuzzi Buns never worked for us.

• Sorry, I don't have any experience with them, either.  My faves by far are FuzziBunz, but as others have pointed out, it's really different for everyone.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, Ladies!  I still have some BG AIO and some GroVia that I plan to use in addition.  I'll just play it out...I figure I can always sell them if they don't work out:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"