Canada Babies
Options

It's Friday!!

Morning girls,

Raynes - how ya feelin today??

I'm SO happy it's Friday, but my husband just got a new job starting TODAY and he has to work tomorrow.. all 3-11 shifts!! Sad Unfortunately the job market around here is terrible so he has to take what he can get..

Re: It's Friday!!

• Options

Morning!! So happy its Friday!! Job market sucks around here too. I'm a qualified teacher with a Masters in Education and I am working in a trucking logistics job for someone who only has a high school diploma FML

I second this --> Raynes- how ya feeling??

• Options
    Oh wow, that's terrible! I never went to University/College and have a decent job that most people WOULD have a degree for lol I got lucky. I am starting school online in the Fall so I can get a degree though.. I could never get this job anywhere else without one so if I ever want to leave (which I do, desperately!!) I need an education.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Morning Ladies! I took a mental health day today. CD1 is here and I feel like crap so I am spending the day on the couch with my puppy and the Food Network lol Oh and breakfast was 2 brownies. I have no shame about it either.

So what are everyone's weekend plans? I'm in the same boat as you ladies. DH has to work tomorrow so I'm going to a BBQ with all my coworkers at a fellow coworkers place on Sat and then on Sunday DH and I are going to "Art in the Park" in Port Dover.

Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Mmm brownies lol

I will be sleeping in late tomorrow and doing nothing all weekend! Some laundry/cleaning.. might go see the Glee movie on Sunday Embarrassed.

Megs - did you win your hockey game??

• Options
    imagerocky_star:

Mmm brownies lol

I will be sleeping in late tomorrow and doing nothing all weekend! Some laundry/cleaning.. might go see the Glee movie on Sunday Embarrassed.

Megs - did you win your hockey game??

Yes we did! Final Score was 3-1. We only had 8 players and they had 10.. I was shocked we won because we only had 3 subs (2 forward, 1 defense). We are moving into the Championship finals in two weeks!!!

Weekend Plans; I play hockey again tonight for a different league (this league isn't as fun for me as last nights because tonight's is too fast for me). Tomorrow I have a going away party to attend. Sunday nothing planned yet... maybe a lazy day? or do housework? Haven't decided yet.

PS mmmm brownies.. Karrot, I wish I was home sleeping still and lazing around... 2.15 hours to go and I'm home though :)

• Options
    Woohoo! congrats!!! Bah, I'm jealous of both of you lol I'm stuck here until 4:30!!
  • Options

Well at least you can be on the bump all shift :)

• Options

Congrats Megs on winning! Very exciting!

Normally I work 8-5 Mon-Fri but I haven't taken a "sick day" in ages and I just needed a recoup day. The puppy is confused. He normally sleeps all day so he keeps bringing me every one of his toys. I think he feels like its his job to entertain me lol My sister is on Mat leave so she's bringing my nephew over (He's 2 months) for a visit which I'm really looking forward to. I could definitely get used to have Fridays off. Once we know DH got this new job, I might talk to the powers that be about working 4 days in office and 1 day "from home". That would be sooo nice.

Are you done at noon every day megs?

Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Mornin' ladies! 

Sorry about CD1 Karrot.  :(  Make the most of your day off.

I'm feeling good today!  I had a headache last night that persisted until this morning, but it's starting to go away now.  Possibly from a combination of some coffee (so far I refuse to give up all coffee) and water.  The bloat is better today too.  I normally drink a lot of water (think 5 refills of a 750 mL bottle during work) but I couldn't seem to get enough yesterday.  My frequency of bathroom trips is picking up a little, but nothing significant (I mean, I'm already going once every hour-hour and a half at work thanks to my water drinking).

I played 2 softball games last night and was a bit scared.  I avoided playing 3rd as much as possible, opting for outfield or home when I could.  Further from the plate = slower balls coming at me.  I did managed to score a few new bruises, but nothing "dangerous".

I've got my first prenatal visit scheduled for next Wed.  It's amazing how paranoid I feel so far.  Today's goal is starting to work out some good meal plans making sure to get the proper nutrients.  We eat pretty well but have been slacking a bit lately (I blame the wicked hot weather making me not want to cook) so I have to get back into the swing of meal planning.

Annnnd, I just rambled for a while.  Ha, sorry!

Oh, weekend plans, we're heading up to go camping south of Sauble tonight.  My H's BFF and his wife have 3 y/o girls, so we're going with them and our other friends and their kids (1.5- 3y/o range) so that'll be fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ahh I could do with 4 day weeks as well.. I get sick of Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30 sometimes!

lol aww Raynes your motherly instincts are kicking in already! I'd be paranoid too, especially with my dog who likes to pounce on my stomach when he's all excited lol

I'm the WORST meal planner of all time, I love to cook but I cannot plan worth crap! Someone on the TTC board just posted a website that looks amazing! Google Taste Spotting.. you can look at pics of yummy food and click on them for the recipes! And I agree, this heat has been terrible for cooking.. I live off BBQ as much as possible! But anyone else get the feeling Fall is coming sooner than usual? The nights have been sooo cold (great for sleeping though!).

Wow, apparently I feel like rambling too lol

• Options
    That sounds fun Raynes! I love camping. That's great that you're feeling so well. Has it sunk in yet? Might not until your first ultrasound I imagine.
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dh & I love to cook also but with the weather we've been living off BBQ'd everything lol I'm actually going to make Turkey Pot Pies today with the leftover turkey from last weekend. I hate turning the oven on but it shouldn't be too bad today I'm hoping.
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKarrotelle:

Congrats Megs on winning! Very exciting!

Normally I work 8-5 Mon-Fri but I haven't taken a "sick day" in ages and I just needed a recoup day. The puppy is confused. He normally sleeps all day so he keeps bringing me every one of his toys. I think he feels like its his job to entertain me lol My sister is on Mat leave so she's bringing my nephew over (He's 2 months) for a visit which I'm really looking forward to. I could definitely get used to have Fridays off. Once we know DH got this new job, I might talk to the powers that be about working 4 days in office and 1 day "from home". That would be sooo nice.

Are you done at noon every day megs?

Thanks Karrot! We were pretty excited to win! For the month of August I am half days because we are dead. I will be working full days again in September when we change offices... unfortunately that means that I will be doing more work and spending less time on the bump :(

Raynes- glad your feeling good. I would be nervous about playing sports too. I heard that the baby is pretty protected in there tho. I had a friend who played baseball till she was about 5 months pregnant (she got the ok from the dr).

I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. Sometimes I'm motivated and other times I'm not. I think I was more motivated when I wasn't working. Hmm what to have for supper tonight.....

• Options

I posted this link on TTGP but I use this website when I need inspiration for what to make. I love it and the pictures he takes of the foods are beautiful.

https://www.davidlebovitz.com/category/recipes/

Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lol Friday/Saturday are bad for me and cooking.. it's usually a grab something quick kind of meal. Sunday's traditionally in my family we make big meals and have family dinners so I always plan something for that!
  • Options

We are bad on the days we have hockey or cadets. We just grab something quick. Lately we have been trying to eat something light before hockey.

• Options

megs, post again!!  Lost that Newbie virginity!!

When I'm in good meal planning mode I usually sit down on Sunday afternoons and with a few magazines (Clean Eating, check it out!) and cookbooks and find recipes I want to make (usually ones that use similar ingredients) and make my meal plan and list from there.  But being busy in the summer (never home on Sunday's until late) and it being so danged hot out had kicked that in the rear.  

I don't think it's really sunk in yet.  Maybe when I start getting real symptoms?  And yeah, the first U/S will probably be big.  I have no idea what my first appointment entails.

Re:sports, we've only got our playoff tournament left, so I'll make it through those games and be fine.  Our league's rule is that you can't play while PG (though NSA rules say it's fine to continue playing) so it's definitely staying hush-hush.  I mean, it's staying hush-hush anyway, but extra so.

• Options

I used to do that (good meal planning) but then I got lazy and busy lol I have a recipe obsession that my husband despises! There's always papers everywhere with recipes scrawled on them lol I don't know why he complains, he gets to eat the food!

When are you planning on telling people? I'd loveeee to keep a BFP a secret for 3 months, because both of our mom's love to talk and the whole family would know within a day. I just don't think I can keep it a secret that long lol

• Options
    I have no idea when we'll tell people.  H told his BFF and his wife, and I've told the internet (ha) but that's it so far.  Ideally I'd like to hold out until 12 weeks, but I doubt that will happen.  I think we'll try to hold out until 8 weeks before we tell family, assuming all goes well with doctors appointments.
  • Options

Posting again! Good bye Newbie status, hello bronze!

On the kraftcanada website you can find a section (don't quite remember where) that is called "1 bag 5 meals" it actually gives you the shopping list of everything you need to make the meals and the recipes to make them. It's pretty sweet.

I think I will continue to play hockey until it's unsafe for me to play. I would like to wait the 3 months anyways because you never know what's going to happen. I love hockey and want to play as long as I can. I am getting better with every season I play.

• Options
    It'll be easier for me to keep a secret from my friends because my BFFs don't live in the same area so I don't see them too often. My mom on the other hand, it'll be SO hard for me not to tell her but I think I can make it at least 8 weeks.. especially with colder weather coming shortly I'll be able to wear sweaters and stuff to mask any weight gain..
  • Options

My mom told me that she doesn't want to know until 3 months in. That's going to be hard to hide because I tell my mom everything. But I know for sure that we won't be telling my MIL because she has a really big mouth and tells her daughter everything and she has an even bigger mouth. So I might not be able to tell my mom out of fairness. We shall see. Also I plan on finding out what I am having when I get pregnant and she doesn't want to know.

Raynes, you gonna find out what you are having? What about the rest of you ladies? Team Green or Team find out Stick out tongue

• Options
    Team Find Out! Absolutely. I'm WAY too much of a control freak and I hate surprises LOL
  • Options

The hardest part of keeping it from my parents I think will be the drinking part.  I'm going to a Jay's game with my dad next week, and it will seem odd that I don't want a beer.  I guess I could say that it's a low calorie day, but how will that explain the nachos I'll probably chow down on? 

And my mom, well, whenever we're there the first thing offered is always a glass of wine or vodka soda.  I'll be able to get away with it for a bit, but who knows.  Maybe we can just delay seeing them for a bit.  Or, I'll be the driver.  

• Options

I think it's just as much a surprise at 20wks as it is at birth.

You could always tell him that you are starting a diet and you can only have 1 cheat and you picked nachos over beer? I don't have that issue because I'm not a big drinker to begin with. No one is surprised when I don't want alcohol.

• Options

Yeah but at least at 20 weeks I have the time to plan, buy gender specific clothes etc.

The only time I really drink is when we have a party, which have been few and far between lately anyways!

• Options

imagerocky_star:
    Team Find Out! Absolutely. I'm WAY too much of a control freak and I hate surprises LOL

This, exactly.  I think part of H would like to wait to find out, but I can't imagine not knowing.  

• Options
    imagerocky_star:

Yeah but at least at 20 weeks I have the time to plan, buy gender specific clothes etc.

The only time I really drink is when we have a party, which have been few and far between lately anyways!

This exactly and paint the room. I think we might have to pretend team green tho Sad My mom wants a surprise but I can't wait. If we tell anyone else, it will get out to everyone. I guess its not something that I have to worry about yet considering I'm not pregnant.

• Options
    I definitely can't imagine not knowing. I pray I won't be one of those people who has the uncooperative baby when it comes to u/s time! My friend tried 2 or 3 times to find out the gender and each time he wouldn't cooperate! lol
  • Options

Oh man, that would suck. With my luck, that would happen to me.

• Options
    Mine too!
  • Options
    I have friends that are team green and everytime they go for an ultrasound the baby's legs are open so they could find out everytime they go. I don't know how they do it. I would have folded. I think the only way I would be team green is if the baby didn't cooperate. They said they have been tempted but are staying strong. I give them kudos

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"